ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paging ALL R27 owners!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Anyone selling :) ?

Also, I appear to be void of google mojo tonight, what is that 197 owners specific forum web address?

Cheers guys :)

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Lol ffs yea it is heh. I did every single combo of .com and .co.uk and everything else i could think of heh!

Cheers dude :)

Now, if I can just find one for sale at a reasonable price, £12.5-£13k - I'd be joyous!

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Or a 2nd hand Nimbus Cup, with A/C if anyone sees one in a dealer? Renault Macclesfield had a 4k mile cup, for £11,979, with A/C, Recaros and Nimbus. But it just sold :(

Dan

Suzuki Swift Sport
Hmmm - i have an r27 but dont know if i want to sell it, 57 plate with 4k on (racing blue with cup spoiler, cornering lights, climate etc)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Cheap as chips that, even with that mileage it imo.

Aye, but I really want an R27 rather than a normal 197 - plaques are cool hehe ;)

I spotted the one at Lloyd Mini - it's £13,995 and it's had most of the stickers removed - I like the stickers heh! I might ring them next week though and see where I can get them to go on price...

Re: the vee going. Well as I said elsewhere, I've been doing and will be for the forseeable a lot of mileage to the hospital in Leeds and back. The Vee is so unsuitable for this really, it's loud, not really enough space for some stuff, but the main worrys are piling the miles on it - as everyone knows the low mileage ones are the sought after ones, and also parking it at St James' (right next to Chapeltown) is a constant worry really with the amount of "If your car is nicked/smashed up it's not our fault" signs around. I worry about coming back to find it pranged/broken into/robbed because, let's face it, it's not really discreet heh...

So I figure, with the MPG not been a real issue, a R27 was the perfect compromise, I can still drive it like I stole it and have immense fun when the mood takes, but when it doesn't it'll munch the miles in comfort with ease. Before anyone pipes up with the noisy on the motorway thing, that's just not true heh, they're fine up to a tonne before it get's noisy (from test drives).

Dan

Edit - With regards to Alans, we had a chat about it, but he's not ready to sell just yet :(

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Or a 2nd hand Nimbus Cup, with A/C if anyone sees one in a dealer? Renault Macclesfield had a 4k mile cup, for £11,979, with A/C, Recaros and Nimbus. But it just sold :(

Dan

Why are private sellers asking so much??

Would consider swapping my trophy for one but not at the silly prices i've seen.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Can't blame them for wanting top dollar of course, but most of the adverts have been around for weeks and months, so it doesn't look like they're moving at the mad prices.

Dan

Why are private sellers asking so much??

Would consider swapping my trophy for one but not at the silly prices i've seen.
I think that most are hoping for higher prices (as we all would) because they either, A, paid a lot for the car themselves (list price for example)
Or, B, they got it for less than list price & are hoping not to lose that much on it or to make a bit of cash on it.
Or, C, they maybe don't know that a potential buyer can get a new one for a good price.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yea works ok now - bit too focused for me though heh ;)

clio 197, mazda rx7
have you sold your v6 iridium?
if not how much you want and would you consider swapping?
mines not an f1, its a 56 plate (dec 06), its only got 8500 miles on it, its got a/c (i think they all have), i got a de-cat yozzasport exhaust and bilstein coilovers (not fitted yet).
thanks DrifteR197

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
V6 has sold sorry mate (well, I've taken a chunky deposit heh). I'm just gonna keep an eye pinned on Pistonheads and Autotrader till one appears :)

Dan

Tappd'd RS
Keep an eye out for my old black R27 - circa 8k on the clock. Should be somewhere in Cumbria I'd think.

Black Gold with cup packs
I sold my 197cup in glacier white, recaros, aircon, black speedlines and extra airbags for a nice sum of £12200 private. 5 months old and 4500miles!
I was happy

Black Gold with cup packs
I paid £13300 for mine, lost a grand in 5months of ownership.
But in reality I dodn't lose anything!
gutted to see it go, but with my first child on the way I didn't want to take any chances, and wanted a nice lump of cash in the bank!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
£1k isnt too steep imo, still an element of rareness to them and yours was nicely spec'd which makes it a bit easier i feel.

least you owned it!! Did look good with the unique janspeed chat on it

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Dan

Went for £11.5, makes the private cars very expensive:S

Clio F1 R27
Have patience and find a Nimbus or Black R27.

You won't regret it!!!

Attachments

• 197_online_1.jpg
    197_online_1.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 30