ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pads & polish das-6

soon to be 182 ;)
Well I've refrained from posting a detailing thread for a little while but need some opinions, currently have some autosmart pads and poor boys ssr range of compounds that have gone all runny so need replacing, didn't.seem as good as my previous menzerna polish either although less dusty, been thinking about getting.hex logic pads and meguires compound or are there better options? Quite like the look of the dodo juice pads so there an option too.....

I've not used loads of different makes of pads but when I researched the hex logic seemed to be very popular so I got a selection to hopefully cover most jobs/paint hardness types. I got orange, green and black(hard>soft), they've been fine to use and none of them has broken up or show much wear yet.

I like using meguires ultimate compound as it's so user friendly from a one step polish/compound. It finishes down really nicely as well so long as you finish off with a couple of light passes.

Varying the pad choice, amount of sets and pressure used means it's nice and versatile depending how much correction you need and the hardness of the paint.

I've also used scholl S3 and S30 which are nice but will take longer being a two step, on med/hard paint the S3 cuts well and finishes so well it kind of makes the S30(finishing polish) a bit redundant.

soon to be 182 ;)
Haha no not dead,

I think hex logic is what I'm going to go with then, do they do spot pads as I couldnt find any? And menzerna > meguires?

Driving an astra still all be it in standard form now saving up for a 182 :) so will be back for good ;)