ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paddle Clutches Experiences?

Evo
Well I do drag it occassionally which is how I first realised the clutch was slipping and not upto the job of nitrous and launches.

I'm very tempted to use the uprated pressure plate with a standard friction plate now though...?

cup racers don't have

497_1_230.jpeg

init!

Evo
yes very good Tom. Why not use your experience and knowledge to give me advice :p

Seriously some good pointers from the pros would be appreciated.

Trophy Turbo :)
I have a 4 paddle helix in the track car drives like a normal clutch to me, i think the other moaning are too used to a light pedal qwith flowers attached anc may be a bow :) PMSL

Seriously i love my paddle but them i dont drive it on the road that much

TVR Cerbera
I thought you liked flowers Andy?

Uprated helix organic is meant to be quite good and an improvement over standard, if not going for a paddle

DMS

A thirsty 172
<nutshell>

I don't find living with my paddle clutch a problem but it took me ages to get used to it. I've done 12,000 miles on it now and it still catches me out from time to time.
I can't bear to let anyone drive the car because I know they're going to stall it.
I hate driving it in the cold because it's very jerky to begin with - like the car's been on kangaroo juice.
I hate driving in traffic because it's very heavy and makes my leg ache.
The clutch did start to "bed in" after about 2,000 miles. To begin with though, it was absolutely unbearable.

</nutshell>

182 trackday racer
Ive just put a helix paddle clutch in my cup racer and its fine, little more grabby buts thats it. Make sure you get one with a sprung hub and you will be fine.

I agree with that, have a sprung Helix with Helix pressure plate it takes some time getting used to but then its no big problem. Did a 6000km summer trip in through the alps and autobahn traffic jams and I survived :D

Demon Tweeks are cheap on the Helix stuff more so with the 10% cliosport discount.

Evo
I dont fancy the bite and wear rate of a paddle friction plate without the torque handling properties of the pressure plate.