ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OZ F1's - The new turini?

Is it me, or are this seriously popular at the minute?

I swear they weren't when I signed up here, or even last year, But people seem to have moved to them from the beloved turini's. I remember sets being in the forsale section for weeks for little money and failing to sell, now you have to have lightening reflexes to pm anyone selling them.

Discuss

Vee 6
I started to buy them singly. Managed to get one new ex demo rim and then gave up.

Settled on a set of Speedline Chrono's

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I've got a set in 16" and are a pain to keep clean the dirt just sits in them so easily..

Ended up costing me far to much though as bought them then stripped the mismatched tyres had them refurbed then new tyres so prob cost me about £600 :S

Think they look ace when cleaned up though just needs the car low maybe.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i was gonna flog mine and get some turinis or look for some old skool compomotive TH's. not worth the extra ££££ for me. the f1s dont look as bad on this silver ph1 than they did on my black one. might just get e sprayed. no idea which colour tho - on a titanium ph1?

Ph1
I know a lad who sold a set of F1's for £30 back in the day ! - just wish i'd a bought them lol

Probably the reason why their quite popular on other than ph1 models is their Renault / OZ based wheels , quite light and cheapish.

From my experience 2nd hand is a minefield. Their not the strongest of wheels.

Ph1
Reanult OZ F1's are rarer than Turini's as they are no longer made :)

IIRC sure a manafacturer still has to produce parts as a minimum of 10 years after the last vehicle rolled out the factory.

Very much doubt Renault are at the stage of stock piled, once their done their done kind of thing.

On your other post, OZ made a general based F1 wheel ;)

SQ5
On your other post, OZ made a general based F1 wheel ;)

Yea I know, but it was multi fitment IIRC where the Renault one is only 4x100 and it also had OZ racing engraved round the rim, unlike the Renault one!

Well thats just damn well greedy lol

But 4 of mine are orange and 4 are black ;)

I've got 4 Fluoro Yellow going black with assorted lips
4 Black/Blue Lip currently going Anthracite
5 silvers currently going black

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i really like them. i have a set of turinis for road use, and a set of oz f1's for track use this year :)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I've had 5 sets of Oz F1's in the last year, 2 were 16's and 3 15's. I don't think they look better than Turini's but I suppose they are an alternative.

Ph1
Yea I know, but it was multi fitment IIRC where the Renault one is only 4x100 and it also had OZ racing engraved round the rim, unlike the Renault one!

You could buy F1's from OZ long before the ph1 172 was on the market.

Another difference between the 2 is the 172 version has the outer lip where as the OZ aftermarket is a solid flat one

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Absolute bargain! Look forward to seeing them on your car.

Link to ebay ad, so we can see which version you've got?

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Their were no pics matey, being delivered 2morro will get some up when their fitted. But i know their flat lipped with no oz racing stapped into the rim itself

Clio 172 RS2
Keeping them clean is not a prob, for my small hands... through the spidery design i can reach the innerbed with a wee sponge!

Renault spec. was with a extra edge in the lip as to the regular F1's.

IMG_0152.jpg

Turini's... standard on some Scooby Impreza's.
F1's... standard on some Mitsu Evo's.

Go figure! ;)

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
I sold a set recently but then i have damaged one slightly. I am convinced they are made of cheese !

Only very slight dent on the inner rim where i caught a pothole. Are they repairable ? Is it economical ?