ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OZ F1s on a 182

clio 182
Alrite guys/girls

Im after a set of Oz f1s from a 172 for my 182. Ive tried looking for pictures/info on other folks cars with this set up but cant see anything. My cars on coilovers but not lowered that much, am i right in saying the oz f1s are et43 and 182 wheels are 45?

Will there be much difference if i put the OZs on my 182?

Just want to know theyll be ok on my car! :eek:

Thanks in advance for any help

Looking for 182
I thought 182s were ET45?

I get very confused about wheels, which is why I've just stuck with the standard ones.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
f1's should be about ET48 like the ph2 172 wheels, would be odd that the ph1 to have a wider track

220 Trophy
The 172 OZ's are definitely ET43, so if you put them on would give you a little extra track of 3mm per side. Nothing to write home about but also nothing to worry about with regards rubbing.

I think the 172’s had a narrower mechanical track without the wheels but then the lower offset wheels made up for this.

The 182 then had a wider mechanical track and then had higher offset wheels to bring them back in.

If you put 43’s on your 182 you would have the best of all worlds.

Golf GTD Mk7
Make sure the bolts are nice and tight though as a few people had problems at Oulton this year with them coming loose :S. Think Mike had to do his to 110Nm.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
that means the ph1 172 has a wider track than ph2 which iirc is ET48? odd..

220 Trophy
Sorry, I should have stated that PH1 172’s are definitely ET43, I’m not sure about PH2’s. I’ve a feeling that the PH2 172 might have had a wider mechanical track (if that makes sense, i.e. the hubs or suspension etc is actually wider before you even put the wheels on) but then a higher wheel offset.

That’s why PH2 172’s or later look better with ET43’s on than the PH1 172 because the PH1 has a narrower mechanical track to start with.

As for bolt torque, I think 100NM is standard but have been recommended to up that to 105NM for the track. Can’t comment on whether 110NM is too much, but in truth it’s not a huge difference and better to be safe that sorry.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
narrower mechanical track should explain it, it's just that I wasn't aware of that. ph1 and 2 owners get some measurements :D

220 Trophy
I’m not sure how anyone would actually measure it, because the most the difference will ever be is circa 10mm in total, which is nothing really. And camber etc would throw the measurement out.

I’ve fitted 5mm spacers all round and am think of replacing the fronts with hub centric spacers, possibly 20mm. Will then be able to increase the camber even more.