ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overpriced or slow market?

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
I've had my 172 up for sale for just over three weeks now, on here, Pistonheads, numerous other forums, and Autotrader (both magazine and website).

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=338416

Despite this, I've had no interest. Not one phonecall or e-mail. Nada, niente, nowt.

Is the car overpriced for age/condition/mileage? Or is it just slow at the moment with talk of credit crunches etc?

I've dropped the price from £5,250 to £4,995 to try and drum up a bit of interest but to no avail.

Thoughts?

Iain

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I think you will find the market is slow and hence to sell your price will have to be enticing. This has no bearing on your car as it sounds a mint example. Tis the current climate i'm afraid and nothing to do with the marque.:dapprove:

Mountune Tractor
at that price I can't see it being too long before you sell, you just need to be patient.
£4,500 is an excellent price.

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
at that price I can't see it being too long before you sell, you just need to be patient.
£4,500 is an excellent price.

How I wish potential buyers shared your enthusiasm! :D

I'll just have to wait, althought I'm reluctant to spend £44 with Autotrader every three weeks to get it in the mag and online.

RB 200 Cup!
^ yeah i know what you mean - on an old car of mine got more interst from pistonheads and thats free!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I know its the old cliosport cliche,but if that was 4k it might sell.

Its just the wrong time at the moment to sell a car

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
£5k is 182 money as has been identified, so people would rather up the ante a little and get the 182.

It is a very slow market at the moment as well with the credit situation.

Only advice would be try and take off the alloys and springs which will easily net you £350, all you need to do is find standard 172 rims and tyres or you can keep the current ones.

5K would get a pants 182 imo. I'm not saying that there aren't bargains out there, but for 5k it's likely to be an early rough one, or a high miler.

wrong time to be selling really, what with all the 'credit crunch' stuff on the go.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^There's never a right time to sell a french hot hatch to be honest.

I'm reluctant to spend £44 with Autotrader every three weeks to get it in the mag and online.

Just do the 6 weeks online. I doubt there's many (if any) people that read the mag and don't use the site. Plenty the other way round though.

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Sure sign of low consumer confidence...the whole used car market is very slow at the minute with traders bidding well below book.

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
Thanks folks

I had considered the Turini's a 'selling point' so to speak - if there were two cars the same, one with 5 spokes and one with Turini's I know which one I'd prefer. If I swap them, I'm just another silver clio in a market full of them.

Catch 22 really :S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just sold an 02 plate, 59000 miles, monaco blue for £3995 and that included new MOT and 12m Warranty!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Was that on the forcourt or private though???

Garages always have a little premium over selling on your driveway