ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Over revving

Env

Saving for mk3
So after coming back from work today i slowed down from 120 (4 mile straight) to 20 in a sharp breaking period (Clutch down) got to 20 slipped into 2nd and pulled into the barracks were i currently live my engine was still displaying 5,000 revvs or so. it does it alot, after a airport run (90 ish miles) i came off the Mwhatever onto a sliproad waiting to pull onto a rounderbout with first gear selected and clutch down, my car was at 4k revvs +/- then too.

Any idea?
My previous cars didnt do this,

Current car:
Ford Fiesta Zetec Sport

I know its not a clio, bite me :)

Renaultsport Clio 172
Idle sensor maybe? Or is it driven by wire throtle or a cable one, if the latter then it might be stucking?

Env

Saving for mk3
its not a sensor i think because i can hear the car trying to work.
no idea what your on about for the 2nd bit.

you braked from 120 down to 20 with the clutch in? never heard of engine braking?

Was just about to say! Why with the clutch in? You're as crazy as my female friend who pushes the clutch in to go round corners to stop the front from "spinning out of grip" ?!? :S