ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook Express

Leon Cupra R 225
Right, I'm not talking about the office one I mean the one that comes with XP and I've got a prob with it.

Basically I run my hotmail through mine, all I had to do ages ago was slap my email address an password in when setting it up and hey ho it worked.

My Dad's on the other hand isn't doing this, it's not hotmail but our mail through Orange broadband, I stuck in his username and password for the account which hasn't changed since orange was freeserve years ago before wanadoo days lol, but it's not sending/receiving emails, theres errors with the POP/sock connections or something (jargon to me)

Now it worked on our old pc and was the same outlook express. Can I uninstall Outlook and download/re-install it so the settings are back to their original state? What's the best thing to do?

Btw, sorry for long post that's boring as feck ;)

Cheers

Megane
I've had loads of probs recently with orange not logging in correctly. It's not outlook thats a problem, its actually the orange servers, as my gmail account works perfectly everytime.
Can you get online access through the web login? thats through the Orange home page.

If so you can get a copy of the account settings form within it, and just check the information with the account settings in outlook.
If you go to help when logged in, then e-mail help, then the one above FAQ at the bottom should contain the account pop settings etc for the login.

Bear in mind it still might not work all the time though.

Leon Cupra R 225
I've had loads of probs recently with orange not logging in correctly. It's not outlook thats a problem, its actually the orange servers, as my gmail account works perfectly everytime.
Can you get online access through the web login? thats through the Orange home page.

If so you can get a copy of the account settings form within it, and just check the information with the account settings in outlook.
If you go to help when logged in, then e-mail help, then the one above FAQ at the bottom should contain the account pop settings etc for the login.

Bear in mind it still might not work all the time though.

got the incoming mail/outgoing mail server details filled in and booyeah! it works again, lovely jubbly, cheers :cheers:

:)