ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outer cv boot

Clio 172,Vw Bora Tdi
Does anybody know where can I get a genuine renault outer cv boot from?
I've looked and can't seem to find one, and from what I've seen the stretchy ones from eBay are not really fit for the job.
The car in question is a phase 2, clio 172.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Clio 172,Vw Bora Tdi
Where from? I had a generic cv boot fitted and it disintegrated at a trackday at Donninghton. Not fun.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

David172Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
This my be a newbie question - I'm also looking for a outer boot, either genuine at a good price or a good quality alternative.
ECP say they don't now list the outer boot (maybe not available?) but suggested a universal kit...
Does anyone know where I can get a GKN outer boot, or best place for a decent alternative, or stick with the Renault part?
Thanks

monaco 172
If Renault still have it available I'd just get that, failing that autodoc will probably have various options

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Get the stretchy ones from J&R but trim off one(?) of the ribs. I've been running one side for over a year and just fitted another on the other side.

Ed Hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Complete new driveshafts from J&R are so cheap, that I think it makes more sense to replace the whole shaft rather than mess about with replacing your boot.