ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our LY 182 progress thread

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Great to see your not cutting corners! Even better your doing it to a stunning LY, rather than a silver 172 as it always seems to be!

Any chance you could PM me the final costs of parts + labour if im not to cheeky!

LOVE this car! Hopefully see you at FCS?

Thanks I can't see the point in doing half a job if I do anything I always try and do it right :)

We won't be at FCS this year as we are taking both cars to Le Man for the 24hr.

Coupe/Defender V8
love this car!

Great to see your not cutting corners! Even better your doing it to a stunning LY, rather than a silver 172 as it always seems to be!

Any chance you could PM me the final costs of parts + labour if im not to cheeky!

LOVE this car! Hopefully see you at FCS?

because they're common as muck?

;)

Last edited:

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
**Update**

After the cams were fitted Fred told me to change the oil after 100 miles or so, slightly annoying given I had changed the oil about a month before but nevermind lol. I decided to go for Castrol sport edge again as it seem great before
Oil.jpg

The front brakes where shot and I knew the disks where at the end of their life so I order a pair from Brembo (the standard HC ones) and grooved them myself
R26RDisks.jpg

Went for a set of Ferodo pads
NewPads.jpg

The archs were a bit of a mess so I took the oppertunity to get the sponge out
WheelArch.jpg

I fitted my newly powder coated calipers aswell, here's it all back together :)
NewBrakes.jpg

They've been on the car for about 2 weeks now and I do rate these pads, they bite well and dont require any warming. Not sure what they're like regarding fading yet but so far Im impressed.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love it!

Who did the powder coating of the calipers? I've a spare set in the shed i've done silver (painted), but i know how they will chip in the future. Might be worth considering!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Love it!

Who did the powder coating of the calipers? I've a spare set in the shed i've done silver (painted), but i know how they will chip in the future. Might be worth considering!

I got them done by a companybon leicester called darrenpalm :)
I'd definately get them powder coated mate it's so much tougher than caliper paint. I think I'm gonna get the rears done now

thanks for the comments guys :)