ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oulton Gold Cup, tomorrow.. Monday... anyone else going?

bit of a late one and not a meet as such but i'm off to oulton tomo...

gold-cup-op-2.jpg

here's the garb...

Step back in time to the heyday of motorsport when Oulton Park hosts its traditional Gold Cup event over August Bank Holiday weekend.

Since it started off as a non-championship Formula One race almost fifty years ago, the Gold Cup has developed into one of the north west's most celebrated historic motor racing events for all types of classic machinery.

Now, more than 400 historic sports cars, single seaters, touring cars and Grand Prix machinery flock to the Cheshire circuit each year to celebrate the glory days of motorsport.

This year's event will also feature historic and Group B rally car demonstrations throughout both days, with classic car club displays around the Oulton Park venue plus a '30 Years of the Audi Quattro' celebration. During the lunchbreak on Bank Holiday Monday a Silk Cut Group C Jaguar will be performing demonstrations on the race circuit.

Sir Stirling Moss is also set to compete on Bank Holiday Monday in the 'Legends' race - remarkably just 5 months after suffering terrible injuries in a lift shaft accident at his home.

The meeting includes a superb line-up of races including the 70s Road Sports, Historic Road Sports, Historic Formula Ford, Classic Racing Cars, Historic Formula Junior, Historic Formula Ford 2000, Guards Trophy, Classic Formula 3, Historic Formula 5000 and Formula 2 for the Derek Bell Trophy.

i'm going with my bird (fml) but if anyones there come say hi, i'll be at the bottom of cascades, the meg will probably be broken. probs getting there for 8, nice n early.