ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Other optons to PMS shifter

E90 M3
Morning Guys, im after tightening my 182 shifter but i want to keep the car looking as OEM as possible. Ive driven a car with the PMS and its wonderful but looks pig ugly!

What are my options?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Zero point one are developing something.. don’t know when but I believe they are still at it.. give them a message on Instagram. Let me know if you hear back [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
3fb235887ff6c826693777c371e2c6e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I'm going to fit the PMS with a leather gaitor so its a little more hidden.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I cant remember how much exctly but it was aroud double that of a PMS shifter
So faaaar too much for most mk2 clio owners
PMS one is expensive to me 😂

The CAE shifters are for cars with gear cables, but the 172 and 182 have a bar to the gearbox.
One is relatively simple. The issue for the businesses wanting to play catchup to PMS is they have to design a system that still seals the interior from the outside without breaching copyright on the design.
Certainly the Turkish one didnt and has a big hole. The ZeroPointOne has some work to do on that front.

So currently - spend the money, or rebush an original lever, or go BMS so you have an extended level.
I'm not a huge fan of fitting a quickshift as I like Synchromesh - but they do work.