ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus fitted

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Bought a pair of H7 Osram Nightbreaker Plus dipped headlight bulbs for my 182 Cup last week off Amazon
£ 11 delivered which I couldnt grumble at :approve:

Fitted them yesterday, as old n/s bulb had expired.

Took me 5 mins to do the n/s bulb and 15 mins to do the drivers side as I found it difficult to get the bulb in and twist the lever to lock it in position as the a/c pipes are somewhat obtrusive :(

Happy with the bulbs, they seems to throw light very far and its a nice clean white light.

Some pics of fitted bulbs. (none of old ones sorry)
The Nightbreakers are the left hand bulb. You can see they are a nice white light, pityful yellowy sidelights (right) now desperately need replacing (suggestions please :D)

ONB4_zps083351dc.gif

Shown below with the fogs on too, which I'm not too worried about replacing as they hardly get used. You can see the difference between the Nightbreakers and the slight yellow tinge of the fogs

ONB3_zps887ce9d4.gif

Slighly brighter exposure which is more realistic

ONB2_zps47aa452a.gif

And with the headlights on. Tempted to get some H1's to get rid of the slight yellow cast to these too now. :cool:

ONB1_zps35919032.gif

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Sorry about the two middle pics, I rotated them in PB, but they are still wrong way, I'll try again or delete them.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
They look pretty good! I've got the gold tipped ones waiting to be fitted (Doubt theres any light difference, theyre just gold on the top lol) Should make a huge difference to the £7 "meant to be yellow but actually just s**t with a rainbow tint" ebay ones i have in atm!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
They look pretty good! I've got the gold tipped ones waiting to be fitted (Doubt theres any light difference, theyre just gold on the top lol) Should make a huge difference to the £7 "meant to be yellow but actually just s**t with a rainbow tint" ebay ones i have in atm!

As the fitment of the bulbs is so tight, I've ended up scratching the tip on every dipped headlight bulb I have fitted in the Clio.

And I was really careful with these. Not that scratching the tip makes much difference I dont think.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Nightbreakers FTW. You don't think they're very powerful until you spark them up on a long straight road and realise you can see for miles!

got to say i love the Nightbreaker bulbs just infact got a new set as 1 of mine went, also just got some white LED side light bulbs which they have sent me 2 sets out so got spares lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
That looks fantastic! Just what i need for the Cup at the moment!

I take it they're not as intrusive as a HID kit? Do you have a link?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I gave the Nightbreakers a miss this time and read some reviews, Philips Extreme Vision seemed to come out on top.
Must admit they are better than Nightbreakers imo.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
They look great. I've got some Philips extreme vision in the cup and they seem pretty good.
Sent from my Lumia 610 using Board Express

I don't like the blue reflection of the Philips lenses when they're switched off.

You can just about see it in the full beam here, comparing it with the clear Osrams in the dipped bit.

76378_10151421399299459_13693886_n.jpg

Ordered a standard set of full beams as I'm anal about little things like that :eek:

Renault Clio MK4 RS
I really don't think they look that white imo. My brother has them in his. Whiter than standard ones but still verging on the yellowy side of white.

I agree with you. Ive got the nightbreaker+ gold tip ones and they was a massive letdown for me. I still use them as they are good bulbs and really do give good visability but they are verging onto the yellow side more than white :(

JMR

RB 182 Cup
They're decent bulbs.

Get some white led sidelights if you want them to match better

Any suggestions or links please?
I had some for the Twingo and they were supposed to be white and they look a daft sparkly blue, disappointed. Took them out and put the frosted filament bulbs in that I had spare from when I had my 172 6 years ago!!

That looks fantastic! Just what i need for the Cup at the moment!

I take it they're not as intrusive as a HID kit? Do you have a link?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0047N0B0U/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Also kudos for fitting them in the snow! f**k that for a laugh. Fiddly enough job when you haven't got frozen fingers!

I think I left a finger in the engine bay, couldnt feel it, it was that numb.

I gave the Nightbreakers a miss this time and read some reviews, Philips Extreme Vision seemed to come out on top.
Must admit they are better than Nightbreakers imo.

I had Philips Extreme Vision Plus last year in the Corsa (works) van. Had to take the f***ing washer bottle out, airbox, what a fcuk about. And they blew after 3 months.
Hence Nightbreakers this time

They are quite a bit whiter than normal bulbs, I'm very happy with them.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Must add, I put ONB+ in the Twingo a couple of months back, theyre an H4 fitting.
Those bulbs seem to give off more of a xenony look from the blue tinted glass, even though they look white from dead ahead..

The H7's are tinted that I have in the Clio, but you cant see any blue coming from the bulbs when theyre on.

The whole headlight/ reflector/ bulb combo in the Clio is FAR superior to the Twingo I must add.

Twingo Dynamique
so... H7s are for the dip beam... and H1s are for headlight and then theres LED thingys for sidelights...!? please correct me if wrong cuz i wanna get some :L i've purely deduced this from whats been said in thread :L and... what does the H[x] stand for? thanks

JMR

RB 182 Cup
JHead,

H7 is the type of bulb you need for the Dipped Headlights (Cup only, as Full Spec 182 has xenons)
H1 is the type of bulb for main beam (next to the sidelights)
W5W/501 for the sidelights which are either old fashioned filament type or LED/SMD

The H4 type Bulb I have in the Twingo is the type of bulb used when you have a combined dipped headlight & main beam using the same bulb. (Only applicable to Twingo, not Clio)

Twingo Dynamique
oh right, cheeers :) i have a campus sport... so i'm guessing has the same headlight arrangement as the 172s? they're not xenons.. and look the same... :S :L

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Mmm, wouldnt know mate, I expect theyre the same as the Cup, just like the interior in the cup is the sam

Twingo Dynamique
fitted these tonight after seeing the pics of yours... but mine arent in the slightest blue/white! :( look exactly the same as standard :( both dipped and main beam :/ havent driven with them yet to see difference though...

JMR

RB 182 Cup
fitted these tonight after seeing the pics of yours... but mine arent in the slightest blue/white! :( look exactly the same as standard :( both dipped and main beam :/ havent driven with them yet to see difference though...

They should at least look a lot whiter.
If its not really dark, they will still look a bit like standard bulbs.

When its pitch black, they are a surprising improvement I thought.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Philips Blue vision Ultra are MUCH better bulbs IMO dont rate nightbreakers at all !