ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Osram night breakers

Clio 1.5 dci
i thought they were meant to be a white light but I've just fitted a set and they are yellow? they look ridiculous next to my led side lights!
what bulbs are road legal, good quality and a while light?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
i thought they were meant to be a white light but I've just fitted a set and they are yellow? they look ridiculous next to my led side lights!
what bulbs are road legal, good quality and a while light?

They are CACK !! philips bluevision only

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
They're not cack. They are white for a filament bulb. If you expected HID white then you were always going to be disappointed.

Clio 1.5 dci
i just wanted something that would be bait closer match to the side lights! but we'll see what they look liken the dark tonight :)

PIAA Extreme White or Extreme White Plus. Not cheap but look a nice white with only a very slight blue tinge so not likely to get you stopped for being a chav, and they are marketed as putting out more power than they draw, therefore should be brighter. They've made a noticeable difference in mine.

Clio 1.5 dci
they were ok, i was a bit of a moron in ordering them though, i wanted something to match the side lights but don't know what to get but i defiantly shouldn't have been night breakers, they gave so much more visibility compared to the standard light so if you want to be able to see miles i would recommend these. but they went what i was after :( what do you guys reckon for a colour match legally?

here is a photo of the side lights, the dipped beams that are in the photo are the standards but the night breakers aren't much whiter!

Headlights.jpg

Polo + Micra
your side lights are very blue so i'm in no doubt that you wont get a filament lamp to look anywhere near that

Astra (H) VXR
You could always buy an aftermarket hid kit off eBay.. Just get a low K value set they are £35 from Japan and aren't that bad.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You could always buy an aftermarket hid kit off eBay.. Just get a low K value set they are £35 from Japan and aren't that bad.

He'd also need a new pair of headlight blocks. HID+Reflector housings = Liability.

My headlights (Nightbreakers) don't match my sidelights either. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about that. I have a pair of bright white filament sidelight bulbs, but I don't want to put them in unless I have to. They probably looked better in the poverty spec headlights, but I don't mind them now.

If the MOT debate clears up and I don't need washers + self levelling, then I might invest in a HID kit.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Wow, is there any need to be like that with the guy?! Some people like the look of brighter lights on their car, doesn't make em a wanna be audi driver. Even if I had the money going spare I wouldn't want an overpriced Audi. From what I understand this is a forum where you come to trade advice etc an get tips on modifying you car. I've only been here about a week but I've already seen alot of b**ching an saying stupid stuff like "just leave the whole car OEM" or "wanna be BMW/Audi" etc. Providing you don't cover the car in glue an drive through Halfords, an you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

Clio 1.5 dci
Wow, is there any need to be like that with the guy?! Some people like the look of brighter lights on their car, doesn't make em a wanna be audi driver. Even if I had the money going spare I wouldn't want an overpriced Audi. From what I understand this is a forum where you come to trade advice etc an get tips on modifying you car. I've only been here about a week but I've already seen alot of b**ching an saying stupid stuff like "just leave the whole car OEM" or "wanna be BMW/Audi" etc. Providing you don't cover the car in glue an drive through Halfords, an you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

Nice to have another down the earth person on here (of which there are plenty, but there are also a lot of d**k heads) who can accept the fact that although a lot of people want to be sheeps and follow what has been done a thousand and one times before there are some people who would like to be a tad different!

RS6 C7
Audi's aren't overpriced, If you drove one you would understand why they are more money than a clio. Don't get me wrong i loved my clio and it was a great car but a world apart from an Audi.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Cheers SWJames, just annoys me how many people b**ch over nothing. An Cotball, I agree they are nice cars, but for the price not worth it (IMO). I learned to drive in one an they are very nice cars, but I personally could never part with that much money. I had a brand new Corsa an that drove just as well an had a lot of the same features. Although if you can get a bargain second han then go for it haha :p

Last edited: