ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OS X "must have" Apps

Re: Mac "must have" Apps

I like the look of the app "Remote Mouse" that allows an iphone to become a mouse and qwerty keyboard, will be useful for my mac mini when I get an iphone.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

I have tried one before - granted not that specific one - and it was poor. There was a significant delay between you doing something on the phone and it actually happening on the Mac. For that reason, I won't be spending £1.19 to find out that this app is the same.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

The one I tried had a four star rating. It was Mobile Mouse FREE (Remote/Trackpad). It's free as the name suggests. Try it and see what you think.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

If anyone has a second, could you check the price of Virtual City. I have been charged £3.99 for it, but I'm sure that's not right.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Ok cool. Must've been looking at something else. Cheers.

Remote Mouse is awesome! just hooked my MBP up to the telly, laid in bed using the iPhone4, winner.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah, Remote Mouse works brilliantly!

The Twitter app is also a must have.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

I downloaded remote mouse, not really expecting much...But yeah its actually really good. I have found it better to use it on the iPad (as Im doing now). Its much smoother I found.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Tom i just purchased the lifetime cleanmymac.

May sound silly but is there anything i need to do now? I did a scan and clean. Is there a way i can tell if there was anything bad on the Mac?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nope, but watch the amount of space it clears out. Its hilarious.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot2011-06-16at104553.gif

Cleanmymac has cleared out over 14GB of data off my MBP since I started using. Granted most of that has been cache files....mostly adobe bridge.

Does a good job, just have to be careful I think.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Mine has done 250GB, a lot of that Trash Can though.

Safari and Chrome both make massive caches.

I usually forget to empty trash and it pops up at 3GB so I just do a full scan.

Rav4
http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/

Anyone used total finder?

I find Windows 7 taskbar much easier to manage with multiple applications/windows than I do with OSX, I guess I am just used to windows in that aspect. As well as explorer, find that easier on Windows when using multiple folders, however, seems like total finder will be able to assist me on the last part.

Ibiza FR
http://bettertouchtool.en.softonic.com/mac

Best thing i've downloaded in a while.

Most handy feature is the 'snap to' function. Acts like windows 7 does where you can automatically resize windows to half the size of your monitor.

I got this (well, BetterSnapTool off the app store) last night when I was doing some work at home, and it improved my workflow massively.
Having windows in fixed positions it so much better than them all overlapping in a mess!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The custom gestures is great. Safari was annoying me as when I had FF you could scroll to the bottom of a page using 3 fingers. Set it up in safari now.

It's great.