ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Origine RS Goodwood

haha, you cant compare the two, traffic will be bad after FOS. It attracts thousands upon thousands of people each day
This will be a drop in the ocean in comparison.
I've been to a show there that is probably of the same size (players classic)
We didnt hit a single bit of traffic coming in or out, and we left midday and got food elsewhere because we're tramps lol.

Also, 3 hours is minor anyway. I live 3 and a half hours away anyway lol. Took about 5 hours or so to get out of FOS last year.

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
So, ive got a 182 FF .. small crack on the bumper, one or two wheels are slightly kurbed and my headlights need sanding down etc (will be done before hopefully)
it says "depends on condition" .. will my car get turned away even tho ive paid for the show car ticket (?)

origine_zpsrztuqats.png

Cam'd Ph2 172
I think they'll just park cars in different places depending on condition - they won't turn you away just because your car is not pristine. If they do I'm screwed and will be the track time cost out of pocket lol. You'll be fine.

Monaco 172
I've just bought my tickets online - general admission, no track time and when I got the confirmation email it's asking me to upload files?! What do I have to do... Sorry I'm crap at interneting and I know this is a track related thread as well sorry :)

Clio Sport 172
I saw the message about photos but still need to send them! Looking forward to seeing all the different RS!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Crickey.... I didnt realise anyone was chatting about this here! Delighted to know you are though! Thank you Rache for starting the thread. My membership lapsed a couple of months back, so couldnt see events etc.. shamefull! :tongueout:

I'm one of the organisers, so I'll try and keep up with answering your questions. All the info you should need 'ought to be on the event site, with most of the circuit info like helmets, car requirements etc to be found by clicking on the 'Terms' tab at the top of the page. But if there's something we've missed please just ask.

Also, another good way of keeping up to speed with all event news is on our dedicated Face Book page. Origine RS Show

TICKETS:

The ticket options to Origine RS are many, so to get the most out of your day at Goodwood Race Circuit, please take a minute or two to read though the following purchasing aid we've got together for you.

There are two sections -

General Admission
&
Track Time

Everyone coming to the show needs a General Admission Ticket. Drivers (for the show) + Passengers (for the show).

Everyone that wants to go on track also needs a Track Time Pass. Drivers (on track), Additional Drivers (on track) + Passengers (on track).

To meet Goodwoods insurance requirements everyone going on track must have attended a briefing (Drivers & Additional Drivers) and/or signed a disclaimer (Track Passenger). You will then receive an appropriate wristband.

This means you cannot just turn up as a passenger to the show and jump in any car going round the circuit unless you have purchased a Track Pass to do this.

If you buy a Full Day or Half Day of Track Time you get a free general admission ticket for the driver. These are the most expensive options so you get the general admission thrown in to make it better value. In addition, no one paying for a track day would normally expect to pay entry as well. Those who only want a track taster (one or two sessions) will still need to pay general admission as well. This is normal for most events of this type.

Show cars are any cars eligible for infield parking. That's pretty much anything interesting from Alpine/Renaultsport/Renault apart from your standard laguna estate, 1.2 Clio, megane scenic etc. I'm guessing most of you guys will be bringing a show car.

Non-show cars are for general parking in the car park and then you walk over to the show.

All the options are there to give you the flexibility to do exactly what you want to. Every option is possible. For example:

EXAMPLE 1

Mark brings his Clio V6 to show. John is his passenger.

They need to purchase (from General Admission):

1 x Show car + Driver @ £20
1 x Passenger @ £10

They do not need to purchase any Track Time passes.

EXAMPLE 2

Simon brings his Alpine GTA to go on track all day. Mike is his passenger.

They need to purchase:

1 x Full Day @ £185 (from Track Time) which includes the Drivers Entry and Track Pass for Simon
1 x Passenger Entry @ £10 (from General Admission) @ for Mike

If Mike just wants to look around the show he needs nothing else.
If Mike wants to drive Simons car on track he must buy an Additional Driver Pass @ £25 (from Track Time) and attend a briefing.
If Mike wants to go round the track as a passenger in Simons car he must buy a Passenger Track Entry Pass @ £10 (from Track Time) and sign a disclaimer.

NOTES

Once you have paid for an Additional Driver Pass you can drive any car or be a passenger in any car on track all day assuming someone will let you. You don't need a Passenger Track Pass as well.

Once you have paid for a Passenger Track Pass you can be a passenger in any car on track all day assuming someone will let you.

EXAMPLE 3

Going back to Example 1.

Mark is happy to stay polishing his car all day and chatting to friends but John fancies going round the track with Simon as a passenger.

John buys a Track Passenger Pass @ £10 (from Track Time) completes the paperwork and is then allowed on track.

Every permutation is possible. Just purchase what you need. If people decide they might want to be a 'Track Passenger' or an 'Additional Driver' at the last minute on the day we should have the flexibility to cope with that but please plan ahead if at all possible.

Thanks, from the Origine RS team.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Heads up to those of you that intend coming but have yet to buy tickets... 🔨

EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ENDS MIDNIGHT 22ND JULY

Over 70% or track time is now SOLD

Book now to beat the increase:

• Fully Day Track Time - Early Bird Price £185 - Save £20 - Increases to £205
• Half Day Track Time - Early Bird Price £95 - Save £10 - Increases to £105
• 2 Slots Track Time - Early Bird Price £35 - Save £5 - Increases to £40
• Additional Driver - Early Bird Price £25 - Save £5 - Increases to £30
• Track Passenger - Early Bird Price £10 - Save £5 - Increases to £15
• Show Car - Early Bird Price £20 - Save £5 -Increases to £25

Don't forget the Meguiars "Show and Shine", with the winner getting the chance to show their car on the Meguiars stand at the NEC Classic Car Show... Plus all the Meguiars goodies! yay.gif

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Food and Beverages:

It looks like we will be one of the first to benefit from a choice of three food venues this year:

1. The all new, re-built Aero Club Cafe with viewing terrace should be open for the event.

2. The Control Tower Cafe overlooking the grid/main straight and accessible via the pedestrian tunnel.

3. The Naffi Wagon in the paddock

* NEW ! *

Renault UK will also be bringing race cars from their heritage fleet including a Nescafe Laguna BTCC & Maxi Megane

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Mmm. I may well be up for this.

@mossyv6 - how does the eligibility for the display paddock work? And can your car be on display and go on track? :smile:

Yes it can

@Cub. that's what I was wondering too. The Origine RS website has a page for eligibility but I don't really understand how/when the condition of your car is judged.

Show and Shine judging will be held before lunch, cars that have won will have a notice placed on their windscreen, with prize giving held at the end of the day once the circuit has closed.

Looks a really good event, you booking track time @Christopher. The prices look pretty reasonable on the website.

Thanks... We think its pretty good value for money all thing considered.

Tickets in advance only, is that still the case?

Does anyone know the last day they can be purchased, or has it not been decided yet? Reason being, I'm going to have to make a last-minute decision on this...

@mossyv6 are you a man in the know?

Tickets can be purchased upto a week before the event, but we would encourage you not to leave it until the last minute.

I'm up for the track time here as it's only half hour from me.
Although did a pistonheads track day there earlier in the year and the sound limit is quite low at 96db drive by
I had to lift off coming outta the first corner
Thtough St Marys and coming out of the chicane

The static limit is 98db and the drive by limit is 96db.

i spoke to one of the guys running it and he said as long as you got a renault sport you're allowed into the show car part :smile:

Correct.. but please remember its a Show and Shine! :wink:

Just seen that its only a tenner more to just go with the 3x sessions than it is to have 2 and entrance, as the 3 sessions package includes entrance (£95)
I know what I'll be getting on payday!

Also, anyone know what the deal is with helmets? Doesn't say you have to wear one, but i can only assume you do?
Do they hire them out there?

Helmets must be worn, as must long sleeved tops please. Helmets can be hired on site for just £10 for the day. You will be required to hand over your driving license as a deposit.

Yeah that's the correct website

I assume those that are doing the full track day will be parked/queue in the paddock area. Might be wrong tho

Do we get tickets sent through the post or are we to get them when we turn up or w/e?

Tickets will be sent out during the week before the event, so keep an eye out for the Post man! :grin:

I think thats most points covered... lol But now I know you're in here.. I'll keep a check on you all.

Many thanks!!

Clio 197 f1
If I got a drivers ticket in advance, but I'm not sure if someone is able to make it. Can I buy a passenger ticket on the day. Or will I need to order both in advance.

Iceberg 172cup
If I got a drivers ticket in advance, but I'm not sure if someone is able to make it. Can I buy a passenger ticket on the day. Or will I need to order both in advance.
It says above^^
That it should be possible but please plan ahead
plus it's cheaper atm

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
@williams
It says on the goodwood circuit diary that it's a category 3 day meaning 98db static and 96db drive by.

Sam, you're right. Thank you for pointing out that change, it's different to last year. We should've noticed that! I'm going to look into that further. Thanks again.

I have 3 L's in my forum name here btw.. ;)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
@Rache, Would you mind if I got this moved into 'Meetings and Events' please..? Its more than just a track day :p

@Cub. can you assist at all please bud..? Its either that or start a new thread in events, but i dont really see any great need for that. Happy to though, which ever best suits. :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@Rache, Would you mind if I got this moved into 'Meetings and Events' please..? Its more than just a track day :tongueout:

@Cub. can you assist at all please bud..? Its either that or start a new thread in events, but i dont really see any great need for that. Happy to though, which ever best suits. :smile:

I can indeed help. I'll move it over now and leave a redirect on here...

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I can indeed help. I'll move it over now and leave a redirect on here...

Thanks..! South Central section..? Or one on its own? Its open to everyone up and down the country. Even have folk coming down from Scotland and over from Luxembourg! :smile:

@Cub.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I really wanted to take the PH1.

Shame I've sold it, have a great day chap's. [emoji2]
Great shame indeed Scott... Will make sure there plenty of shots of ph1 172's posted up to make you feel guilty for selling up.. ;) Mine may be for sale soon... :p