ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Origine RS - 23 August 14 - Goodwood

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've not even decided if I'm going yet, tbh I don't think I can be bothered with the drive down (yeah I know it's a couple of hours, but to be around all day & then drive back will bore me to tears) plus my car has a fair few stone chips etc.

Well you dont have to stay the whole day, but TBH there is so much other stuff at goodwood that even once you are bored of renaults you can probably find something else interesting if you have any interest at all in cars or motor racing or the history of the sport in the UK, its something of a petrolhead's nirvana down there :)

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Wonder if we will be out at the same time so I can fly past your impressive v6 in our lowly 182, lol

Goodwood's fast enough for the clio too keep up the speed up in most of the corners. There isn't much that they wont keep up with/pass.

Tiring circuit to drive for a day straight mind. Having to concentrate alot to keep it on the boil was the main thing i took away from my time there !

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Goodwood's fast enough for the clio too keep up the speed up in most of the corners. There isn't much that they wont keep up with/pass.

Tiring circuit to drive for a day straight mind. Having to concentrate alot to keep it on the boil was the main thing i took away from my time there !

I will be on road tyres and in my mrs 182 just a few days before we are off into europe on holiday in it, so probably not going to be pushing the limits much TBH, but still a great track to drive even at 8/10ths :)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Yea definitely not the place to be getting greedy with pushing yourself or the car. I took the tuition my first time round, best thing i did, still didn't stop me from spinning it though ! Some chap in his GTR binned it today quite spectacularly !

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yea definitely not the place to be getting greedy with pushing yourself or the car. I took the tuition my first time round, best thing i did, still didn't stop me from spinning it though ! Some chap in his GTR binned it today quite spectacularly !

"Health and safety" was not even a phrase that existed when Goodwood was created, LOL!

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Hahaha your right there mate !

Goodwoods attitude to it today is fairly laid back compared to most circuits.

Think the best bit was at the FOS in 99. Nowadays you stand a meter behind a hay bail that's a meter from the track, Then, i was sat with my legs over the bail that was about 6 inches from the track ! When Heidfeld went past the force of it pushed me and mate backwards off the bails !!!

what a negative post!
Sorry, car shows bore me to death now! I've had a few people ask me if I'm going etc, so it was easier to say on here.

Well you dont have to stay the whole day, but TBH there is so much other stuff at goodwood that even once you are bored of renaults you can probably find something else interesting if you have any interest at all in cars or motor racing or the history of the sport in the UK, its something of a petrolhead's nirvana down there :)
True! Yeah I've been there before, probably won't for this though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hahaha your right there mate !

Goodwoods attitude to it today is fairly laid back compared to most circuits.

Think the best bit was at the FOS in 99. Nowadays you stand a meter behind a hay bail that's a meter from the track, Then, i was sat with my legs over the bail that was about 6 inches from the track ! When Heidfeld went past the force of it pushed me and mate backwards off the bails !!!

Ha ha. That's epic. :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
FoS was truly incredible in the beginning, I've been going since year one, I straw bale and some orange tape between steel poles, epic place. there's not many cars I've yet to see.

Where did the GT-R lose it?

Out of the chicane is a popular place, or off at Madgwick on the last session?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
FoS was truly incredible in the beginning, I've been going since year one, I straw bale and some orange tape between steel poles, epic place. there's not many cars I've yet to see.

Where did the GT-R lose it?

Out of the chicane is a popular place, or off at Madgwick on the last session?

Chicane, pirouetted in to the tyres taking out the rear and front. He didn't look to best pleased !

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I believe from what Dawn said to my mrs she is out twice, once in a dedicated slot and once in a general one.

Ah.. I see.. We have enough vee's now to have 2 dedicated sessions.. if required. That option will be at the choice of vee owners. If Dawn's not fussed, there could be the possibility you might see her.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Good news :)

I get the car back tomorrow. Only problem is it now has some pretty nice damage to the front lip. Don't know how to hide it so it wont be winning any prizes for looks :(