ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oreca Exhaust

Trophy #321
Hi,

I purchased a Group A Oreca Exhaust the other day with a de-cat pipe and noticed that on my original exhaust has 2 sensors but this only has the one on the de-cat pipe. I wondered what people do with the other sensor when running a de-cat and if it will cause any other problems.

Cheers, Adam

172 cup, Impreza P1
Sounds like you've bought a ph1 decat rather a ph2. Ph1 has a single lambda sensors and ph2 has 2.

Trophy #321
Ok thanks mate I'll give K-tec a ring tomorrow and find out.
Pictures and videos to follow when fitted yes.

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Yo! I have one, just run the front sensor, leave the rear connected and just tie it up out the way, job done!

Trophy #321
Yo! I have one, just run the front sensor, leave the rear connected and just tie it up out the way, job done!

Really? so if the second one isn't connected it won't bring a fault code up or something daft?
That's the best news i've had all day! what do you think of yours...loud? I'm expecting so. haha

BMW M135i
If you disconnect it then yes it'll bring a fault light up. I'd just get another boss welded into the decat unless you have been sent a ph1 one by accident.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
a lambda sensor not plugged into the exhaust will detect clean air.
disconnecting it will bring a fault light..

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Really? so if the second one isn't connected it won't bring a fault code up or something daft?
That's the best news i've had all day! what do you think of yours...loud? I'm expecting so. haha

It is all good with the second one out of the exhaust. Make sure to leave it connected though as others have said, my light does not come on ;).

It sounds sweet! Its noisy on WOT and at low speeds, but I don't mind that, and its good from 50mph up, quite bearable. I have had so many comments about how it sounds over the last week. Fits very well to, no knocking over the axle like some others.

I had to remove the lower damper bolts so the axle would drop when fitting it though due to the join to the middle section being further up the system than my last system, but apart from that.......... Sweet as! And you get some free gurgles, bangs and pops to ;)

Trophy #321
It is all good with the second one out of the exhaust. Make sure to leave it connected though as others have said, my light does not come on ;).

It sounds sweet! Its noisy on WOT and at low speeds, but I don't mind that, and its good from 50mph up, quite bearable. I have had so many comments about how it sounds over the last week. Fits very well to, no knocking over the axle like some others.

I had to remove the lower damper bolts so the axle would drop when fitting it though due to the join to the middle section being further up the system than my last system, but apart from that.......... Sweet as! And you get some free gurgles, bangs and pops to ;)

Great I'll make sure to do that, look forward to getting it fitted. Thanks for the information. Adam

Trophy #321
Also thanks for the other advice I'll fit it and leave the second sensor out but still connected and if I get a light on as said I can easy take it off and weld another boss in. Thanks for the advice, Adam

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Any pics/ videos yet? ;)

Trophy #321
Patience now, lol, never got a fitting kit so I've been waiting for that to turn up, decided to wait until saturday so I can use my mates hydraulic ramps and make the job easier... don't worry once it's on I'll want to show it off so there will be pictures and possibly video. Adam

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
I uploaded a quick video of my group N on my build thread if you want a bit of an idea.

Last edited: