ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordered my 197 cup today :)

Black Gold with cup packs
Guys I just had a breakdown of my deal, I am actually having the car for £13,450.
Bargain!
Get 3 dealers and play them off eachother, they will fight to the death for your custom. I assure it

Black 197
are you buying the car not knowing its performance figures? or are you just wanting one of the 1st white 197's and taking a gamble with the performance

Performance isn't going to much different from the standard 197.
It sure isn't going to be any worse.
But in all honestly its for the glacier white on black speedlines, stunning

Black 197
yes, im sure it wont be worse, you could prob spec a cup to a higher standard than a basic 197, including recaros for cheaper than a basic 197. me thinks the standard car is going to be obscelite soon

Clio 1.4 16v (03)
omg white with black wheels gonna look ace mate.
i no its not the same but suzki do there new swift in white with black wheels, mate just bought one looks smart :)

200 cup (van blanc)
i am swapping the 225 for the cuppy

my gf has a new mondeo, so we dont need 2 'biggish' cars, thats my excuse for swapping and im sticking to it!

i am swapping the 225 for the cuppy

my gf has a new mondeo, so we dont need 2 'biggish' cars, thats my excuse for swapping and im sticking to it!

Top man!
I am a bit concerned that all the nice interior trim is removed though :(
I have always had cars with nice trim ect? Give me some reassurance please

Really? Where was that, if you don't mind me asking?

The price was from Martins Renault Basingstoke. Not sure if you will still get the same deal. Speak to Andrew Hendy [01256 867216]

£13,450 :) happy days you should have shopped about, could have saved a bomb
I was quoted under £14k by two different dealers and a shade over by the third
And that was with EVERYTHING

Mini Cooper S sport
The price was from Martins Renault Basingstoke. Not sure if you will still get the same deal. Speak to Andrew Hendy [01256 867216]

LOL so was mine!! I obviously spoke to the wrong guy. :dapprove:

It's immaterial anyway, 16-17k is too expensive - I'll get a 2nd hand LY in the new year I expect.

Give Alex Levington at stonygate a call Up on the Tyne
Or Marc at Southampton was great as well
Steve at Bedford is worth giving a call also
No s**t ring them I should imagine you will get a fully loaded cup for £13,500.
I am putting 65% deposit down so I don't know maybe I f you have all the cash available you may get it cheaper again?
But as I said play the field, Get a deal from one dealer, then go to the next dealer tell them the deal you have and they will beat it! Levington will anyway.
I have to travel 300 miles to get the car but the run home should run the car in :)

clio 172 cup
whats the point of a cup if its near identical weight as the 197, with the 172 cup u can strip the back seats out lighter 15inch alloys and the car will weight 100+kgs less than 172ff. nice car though m8 i just think there losing there way and cars r getting to heavy

Performance figures are the same, but you can't baulk at the 10% mpg improvement in economy - especially at £1+ per litre.

The more sensible top end ratios have a major effect on cruising economy - they would also no doubt lower acceleration figures at the top end, but those are not quoted.

Seems like Ren are admittiing they got it wrong with the ratios, as surely you would expect the 197 to have the more laid back box and the CUp to have a screamer - not the other way around...

www.renparts.co.uk
Performance figures are the same, but you can't baulk at the 10% mpg improvement in economy - especially at £1+ per litre.

The more sensible top end ratios have a major effect on cruising economy - they would also no doubt lower acceleration figures at the top end, but those are not quoted.

Seems like Ren are admittiing they got it wrong with the ratios, as surely you would expect the 197 to have the more laid back box and the CUp to have a screamer - not the other way around...

theyre putting the longer ratios in any normal 197 produced from a certain date as well.

theyre putting the longer ratios in any normal 197 produced from a certain date as well.

Ah, that makes sense

I have no idea what you are talking about

Hang on do you mean that they screwed up on the original 197 gear box and are making the cup gear box better?

Last edited:
Se7en,

My gripe with the 197 was the crappy fuel consumption and mega revs at motorway speeds. I know some people don't mind that, but most road testers did and it would do my nut after a while (enough to put you in a Golf Gti).

But this lengthening of 4,5&6 will soften the car a bit, presumably acceleration at high speeds will suffer a tad as ratios are further apart, but as an everyday car, surely it will be better for most? (not to mentioned significantly better MPG).

My point was the tightly stacked ratios of the original 197 would have been better suited to the character of the Cup rather than the 197 = but now I learn they are all going to have this wider spaced gearbox. So, presumably Ren listened to the the people and also the green brigade (hefty mpg improvement). I am not saying they screwed up on the original 197, but rather if they wanted to go for a mega close ratio, low geared box, surely it would have been better reserved for a track screamer Cup/Trophy type edition, not the slightly 'softer' mass appeal version.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Se7en,

My gripe with the 197 was the crappy fuel consumption and mega revs at motorway speeds. I know some people don't mind that, but most road testers did and it would do my nut after a while (enough to put you in a Golf Gti).

But this lengthening of 4,5&6 will soften the car a bit, presumably acceleration at high speeds will suffer a tad as ratios are further apart, but as an everyday car, surely it will be better for most? (not to mentioned significantly better MPG).

My point was the tightly stacked ratios of the original 197 would have been better suited to the character of the Cup rather than the 197 = but now I learn they are all going to have this wider spaced gearbox. So, presumably Ren listened to the the people and also the green brigade (hefty mpg improvement). I am not saying they screwed up on the original 197, but rather if they wanted to go for a mega close ratio, low geared box, surely it would have been better reserved for a track screamer Cup/Trophy type edition, not the slightly 'softer' mass appeal version.

I agree jamie.

I very nearly went for a R27, great seats, brakes handling etc and more grown up then my 172. But at the end of the day it isn't any faster and very thristy in comparison.

Mini Cooper S sport
Give Alex Levington at stonygate a call Up on the Tyne
Or Marc at Southampton was great as well
Steve at Bedford is worth giving a call also
No s**t ring them I should imagine you will get a fully loaded cup for £13,500.
I am putting 65% deposit down so I don't know maybe I f you have all the cash available you may get it cheaper again?
But as I said play the field, Get a deal from one dealer, then go to the next dealer tell them the deal you have and they will beat it! Levington will anyway.
I have to travel 300 miles to get the car but the run home should run the car in :)

Thanks for the tip :) I was talking about the R26 in white with black wheels not the R27 though..

Im sure they will sort you out as well

Is there any new on insurance group for the cup?
Probably the same as the R27?

200 cup (van blanc)
dont worry about the cheaper trim, the photos from the website dont look too bad, my gf's mum has a base model clio and the interior is far from crap.

se7en let me know how u get on with your purchase, i spoke to alex as well and he seems like a top bloke - let me know when your delivery date comes up

dont worry about the cheaper trim, the photos from the website dont look too bad, my gf's mum has a base model clio and the interior is far from crap.

se7en let me know how u get on with your purchase, i spoke to alex as well and he seems like a top bloke - let me know when your delivery date comes up

Will do mate! Itching to know now

Leon Cupra 300
Nice...

061107-a-ren-.jpg

061107ren-.jpg

200 cup (van blanc)
will look even better with black speedlines.......oooohhhhhhhhhh ..........thats a coincidence i ticked the 'black speedlines' box

200 cup (van blanc)
and call me old fashioned but i am looking forward to having a 'key' to start the car - and not a key card