ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

orbisoud exhaust?

blackgold megane 225 5dr
has any one on here got this exhaust system fitted to there 182?
would like video clip if you have one so i can here how load it is. and any comments about the system please.

blackgold megane 225 5dr
overpriced??? ;)
it may well be overpriced compared to the systems you make/sell but it looks very nice. the single rear box design and pipes look great, 200 cell cat also, and they make the systems for the clio race cars. i think you get what you pay for some times,i have had a look at your system fred but i am not keen on your pipe layout sorry:quiet: .

cup 182 mit stripes
I am considering a go-faster exhaust soon. Fred's one is on my shortlist as it looks sporty and lightweight.

What do you think is not right with the pipe layout frizz?

blackgold megane 225 5dr
I am considering a go-faster exhaust soon. Fred's one is on my shortlist as it looks sporty and lightweight.

What do you think is not right with the pipe layout frizz?
i am just not keen on it, there is a large difference in pipe lenght/tail pipes from the back box. and dont like the pipe cut into the other one, you will not a even get flow rate from the tail pipes.i know its the exhaust and it may not matter but thats just me. the orbisoud system has the same lenght tail pipes both coming from back box.(used to be coded welder now a sheetmetal worker/pipe fitter all stainless, i am very fussy when it comes metal) look and design wise the orbisoud system wins hands down :D

Lionel Richie
fair enough, i'll debate your critisms, but thats me for you!! LOL

the orbi has a horrible spilt in the pipe work from memory, its nice, but if you can spend 10% of the value of the car on and exhaust system then fair play!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Ditto what Fred said really,it may be the best exhaust available but at 10% of the car value i couldn't justify it,i'd rather go miltek or supersprint or fred's new jobby for nearly half the cost and then spend the rest on other mods like brakes,suspension etc

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Ohhh is this the alphabet game?

xyz.

Pls note: I do not condone childish posts when a serious topic is at stake

blackgold megane 225 5dr
182orbi1pt4.jpg
182orbi5af4.jpg

this does look good though.

cup 182 mit stripes
I knew the exhaust talk would tempt your head above the parapet Ben.
Is your new exhaust as tasty as the Orbisoud?

Where is the promised e mail?

Lionel Richie
appologies, i was talk b****cks :eek:

it is nice, i like!

let me see what price we can get them at out of interest, i bet we can undercut "the competition" ney bother

I knew the exhaust talk would tempt your head above the parapet Ben.
Is your new exhaust as tasty as the Orbisoud?

Where is the promised e mail?

No such parapet here James, just innumerable amounts of piddling topics wasting my time and customers time because i have been hung up, and to be frank has led to me totally forgetting to send you the promised email. I will do it this second.

Regarding exhausts, its more the subjective talk of 'good and bad' features with no real substance to the answers that has led me to pop up in this topic. But there hasnt really been anything technically interesting going on in the forum as of late.

Is my exhaust as tasty?.............to put it mildly, the orbisoud will look like something made in taiwan. But yet again i've had to drop the issue of the exhaust due to such matters which have been impeding progress.

blackgold megane 225 5dr

it is nice, i like!

let me see what price we can get them at out of interest, i bet we can undercut "the competition" ney bother

will wait to see what price you come up with fred.
Ben i think you mean like somthing made in france.:rasp:

i really like the orbisoud design but the tail pipe are crap id want to cut those off and get some better looking ones welded on -

is the orbisoud 2.5" or 63.5mm pipe work? or what is it?

the BTB ones is great, i wanna see the AWT one soon!

it is nice, i like!

will wait to see what price you come up with fred.
Ben i think you mean like somthing made in france.:rasp:

182orbi5af4.jpg

If anybody tells me that is a well made centre section, especially the sport cat element with horribly welded, misaligned cones.............well, i'll just have to go do something else with my time. In that system your paying for a name and the cat element itself and what i can only assume is a chambered rear silencer.....if its not, then there is the reason why its so expensive if they have to build a baffled silencer with a split inside.

Lionel Richie
Ben doesn't f**k about with even slightly poor quality stuff, if its even a nats bollock s**t, he'll tell you

i'm the same, but in different ways

strive for perfection, not for "nice"

cup 182 mit stripes
My perception is that Ben is the perfectionist [perhaps resulting in his eventual downfall] and you Fred are the opportunist who will go from strength to strength.

^^ Get back in your box.

Ben answers all my pestering emails, and I couldn't care less how long it takes, I know I'll be getting a great product.

I'm sure others agree.

Nice topic lol.

Orbisoud to me has the cleanest design with pipework length and number of silencers. It would be interesting to know the config of the rear silencer as has been asked. Take into account it has a sports cat and its not bad price wise.

BTB has a well priced well designed system but I am not sure about the large twin silencers and the 'boom' that they might generate.

AWT I have seen some pics of this and it looks the business but until its produced who can say how good it is.

Yozzasports is a copy of something I saw prospeed do ages ago and you have to question the logic behind the pipework.

I like the supersprint one but it is very very expensive.

blackgold megane 225 5dr
Orbisoud is the only one who has all data of the Clio. Such as the best spot to place the catreplacement (important), best diameter of pipes and so much more.

Many tuners have their catreplacement on the wrong distance from the collector. That's the 1st mistake they made. That distance and the angle is more important than you think for backpressure and something about temperature

Second mistake is diameter of pipes. Many tuners are oversizing it to 63.5mm. Wrong decision.
Why? Orbisoud oversized the 172 exhaust and that's good for track use. It gives you more gains in higher revs. For the 182 they decided to keep it at 60mm, what gives you more power in lower revs.
Second reason is that the pipe connects to the collector under the car itself. So it's not connected straight to the collector, but to the extension of the collector and that extension is smaller than 63.5mm. For the 172 you had to connect it straight to the collector higher above. So 63.5mm is a wrong and useless size for the 182.

Also many tuners build 2 backboxes. Why do they do that? I really don't understand.

Weight is only 13.85 kg and that's less than half of the original.

(pm from another member on here.)

Second mistake is diameter of pipes. Many tuners are oversizing it to 63.5mm. Wrong decision.
Why? Orbisoud oversized the 172 exhaust and that's good for track use. It gives you more gains in higher revs. For the 182 they decided to keep it at 60mm, what gives you more power in lower revs.
Second reason is that the pipe connects to the collector under the car itself. So it's not connected straight to the collector, but to the extension of the collector and that extension is smaller than 63.5mm. For the 172 you had to connect it straight to the collector higher above. So 63.5mm is a wrong and useless size for the 182.

So Orbisouds 172 exhaust is good as it gives better bhp at high revs but the smaller diameter 182 is also good as it gives better bhp lower down the revs?

So everyone who owns a 172 drives on the track and all the 182 owners drive on the road. I'm confused.

Whats a collector?

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
A collector is a form of junction, for example where 4 pipes go into 2, or 2 into 1. The BTB collectors and the welds on them should be in a gallery lol.

Frizz, i couldn't tell you what is done in the way of prep for the welds, as BTB manufacture them on our behalf. But when you consider that BTB's clients include Prodrive, Aston Martin and Caparo (the nuts 2.4 super charged V10 trackcar, that'll make a Bugatti Veyron look slow up to at least 150), i'm sure the welds are prepped in the best way possible.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I thought Yozzasports was an adaptation, and correct me if i'm wrong Fred, an improvement over the old Supersprint system?

Also the welds on the BTB system do look crap. I'm not saying they are, but just a little pickling and polishing wouldn't go amiss for the price you pay for it.

Lionel Richie
BTB welds are very good

our 182 system has nothing to do with supersprint, thats the 172 system

fmp, RUBBISH! ;)