ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orbisoud exhaust on Trophy (pictures no 56k)

Focus ST
I've been in some e-mail dialogue with Fabien from Orbisoud, as I'm very interested in this exhaust. He has confirmed it includes a 100 cell cat, peaks at 85dB in non-track form, can produce gains of up to 10bhp across the rev range (not peak).

It also definitely includes positions for the sensor in the cat (you can see in the pictures) which should mean no annoying problems with lights on in the dashboard.

I'm seriously considering going in on Olin's group buy, and BozM sounds interested too. Just trying to find out about shipping details.

Attachments

• om07.jpg
    om07.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 245
  • om01.jpg
    om01.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 325
  • om06.jpg
    om06.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 241
  • om02.jpg
    om02.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 385
  • om03.jpg
    om03.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 326

Boz

Arctic 182
Very interested in this. It seems Orbisoud do away with the centre box, just having a high flow cat with 3" bore pipe (as optimised with renaultsport) to the rear silencer (see other thread with aus cliosport link).
Lucas it seems there are two rear silencer options, a road one (I assume like Olin's) and a race one. I'd want the one like Olin's as it sounds just right, have to make sure we spec the right one if we go ahead.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Ooh, very interesting indeed. Would definitely be interested in this subject to price.

Focus ST
Fabien from Orbisoud sent me an e-mail saying it was 915 Euros for 1 exhaust, or 763 Euros (£537 at current exchange rate) on the basis of a 10 exhaust group buy. I'm trying to find out what this includes, and what we'd have to pay in the way of shipping.

Olin has organised a group buy, but he didn't get any takers from the UK. It's still open though and I'm thinking about going through this.

It's quite difficult communicating with Orbisoud as their English isn't great, and my French is even worse (i.e. I only understand words that look very similar to English ones).

Focus ST
meggerman said:
could they do a decatted system ??

I'm not sure that they do, and I'm not sure why you'd want one considering how unrestrictive the 100 cell cat is. Surely more hassle than it's worth? Apparently, the cat is just like the ones used on world rally cars (Loebs to be exact), but only what I've been told so couldn't confirm.

I know they do a different silencer option which is a bit less restrictive, but louder. The cat is integrated into the centre section of pipe (manifold back to silencer) so it couldn't just be removed.

I'm also not sure if the silencer is chambered, or the effect that a chamered silencer would have?

MKIII 138
Lucas said:
I'm not sure that they do, and I'm not sure why you'd want one considering how unrestrictive the 100 cell cat is. Surely more hassle than it's worth? Apparently, the cat is just like the ones used on world rally cars (Loebs to be exact), but only what I've been told so couldn't confirm.

I know they do a different silencer option which is a bit less restrictive, but louder. The cat is integrated into the centre section of pipe (manifold back to silencer) so it couldn't just be removed.

I'm also not sure if the silencer is chambered, or the effect that a chamered silencer would have?

cheers, ok so i just need this road system seems straight forward enough, only probs is that i have a 172cup lol lol

I do confirm that the silencer is chambered. The tail pipes can be either 50 mm ( 86 Db @3500 ) or 60 mm ( 87 Db @3500 ).
The 100 cells cat has proven to be very good and yet MOT complyant...

I'd be interested if this goes ahead. can someone let me know. I'd like the least restrictive best power option. I really dont have a problem with noise level if its over 100db's i really dont care lol. Can someone keep me posted if this happens.

Focus ST
Loony said:
I'd be interested if this goes ahead. can someone let me know. I'd like the least restrictive best power option. I really dont have a problem with noise level if its over 100db's i really dont care lol. Can someone keep me posted if this happens.

Your interest has been noted - I'll keep you posted, mate.

Boz

Arctic 182
olin said:
I do confirm that the silencer is chambered. The tail pipes can be either 50 mm ( 86 Db @3500 ) or 60 mm ( 87 Db @3500 ).
The 100 cells cat has proven to be very good and yet MOT complyant...

Olin, put your pics and videos in this thread, hope you don't mind.

Is your exhaust with 50 or 60mm tail pipes, and what specification is the silencer? It sounds very nice,not too loud just as I would like mine to sound.

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I want to react in name of Tyre-pro. It's the discussion in the link above (Australian Renault Sport page). The Orbisoud system he talks about is NOT the same system you can buy from Orbisoud.
The exhaust Tyre-pro is talking about, is a 65mm Cup Orbisoud exhaust. The one from the group buy is a 60mm exhaust. The website of Orbisoud says that the 60m has a catreplacement of 200cc

looks like it, but is different size. Next week I have the 65mm version and I will post a clip. I informed by Orbisoud for the 65mm Cup version and they can't sell it because they make it for Renault. They can build it in that size, but it's an extra cost

Boz

Arctic 182
I've ended up buying a blueflame cat back of ebay for £250 5 mins ago. Misses out the middle box and sounds sweet. Probably not as much power as orbisoud, but it'll do me for that money and gets rid of the rattle in the standard shite Renault middle box.

so that rattle comes of the middle box? I allways hear it, but the dealer don't. It makes me crazy