ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange to raise contract prices

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Hi, just had a message from orange stating that as of January 2012 they are to increase phone tariff prices by 4.34%. I remember reading about this before but about a different network. Is it possible to use this as a time to get out? Any information would be fantastic.
Greg

Listerine & Poledo
not really, not for a fully informed and reasonable increase in monthly tariff.

they learnt form last time they got burnt (0800 numbers I think it was)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I got the text this morning. Go to the link on the text and read the bit about getting out of your contract. Isn't going to happen. what I will be doing is reducing my monthly tariff because they take the piss seeing as I'm paying nearly £50 per month anyway.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Click the link in the text. It says explicitly that you can't use it to get out of the contract as it says in the T&C's that they can increase prices.

Which reminds me, I need to bell them to see if they will downgrade my tariff.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm surprised people still use Orange these days.

I've yet to hear a good thing about them after all their years in business.

Apart from thrm being cheap.

Never had an issue with orange myself, been with them about 11 years and get £15 discount now. So even if it goes up a bit I doubt I'll get much or any cheaper. Not had a text yet.

Listerine & Poledo
Rabbit, nee Orange have always been a strange one.

Not "as good" as the GSM 900 big boys

"better" than Mercury (nee one-2-one, nee T-Mobile)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yeah I got the text this morning. Go to the link on the text and read the bit about getting out of your contract. Isn't going to happen. what I will be doing is reducing my monthly tariff because they take the piss seeing as I'm paying nearly £50 per month anyway.

£50 A MONTH !!! :eek: What do you get for that ??

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm surprised people still use Orange these days.

I've yet to hear a good thing about them after all their years in business.

Apart from thrm being cheap.

Still one of, if not the largest arent they?

I've been with them for about 8 years but i'd easily move to someone else if i got a much better deal tbh.

Magic numbers and orange wed however are big draws for me.

Also made £300 off them via a "friends" business.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I was with Orange from about 2000 to 2010. I always found them to be good. I only left for O2 because I was getting their Friends and Family discount. Orange couldn't compete so off I went.

Inferno 182 CUP
No c***s

I rang Mandy and she applied it and credited my bill for first month.

Still just got a £135 bill for 2 phones! t***s.

Megane GT
I havent had a text . . . well not about this. Got one saying I can add another magic no. :s My contract is up now though so may just move elsewhere.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
4% would only cost me about a quid on my orange tariff, so not really a big deal to me personally, surprised at prices going up at all in what tends to be an ever falling market in terms of monthly costs.

SQ5
I'm wondering if it's because I'm on a sim only deal from about 2 years ago so I'm definitely out of contract? Only thing that seems to make sense?

Listerine & Poledo
Of course, you all realise that whichever network you go with, you'll be paying pretty mach the same... unless it's an MVNO like Tesco or TalkMobile.

Either pay more for a handset up front or over a number of months, that's your choice.
And if you dont like paying so much for smartphones, don't have them.

All the major networks are the same, a hundred or so minutes and a fistful of MB, give or take.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Oh no, another £1.50 a month. However will I pay off my credit card debt for my coilovers now.

Bumder With A Buffer
I know that.

Im more on about them stating that it says that in section blah blah blah. I can safely say I never saw that noted down on any paper work I signed. Having said that it was through CPW, and I have just looked through what I signed and no-where does it mention orange's T&C's.

Not that 1.28 bothers me...just the principle.

Listerine & Poledo
If you bought through a store, you'll have your paper contract, the back of that is your network terms of service.

Or look on the CPW website, they put the network terms on there too, but may be different to what you signed for, depending on when you got it.

182 ff cup packs
Hi, just had a message from orange stating that as of January 2012 they are to increase phone tariff prices by 4.34%. I remember reading about this before but about a different network. Is it possible to use this as a time to get out? Any information would be fantastic.
Greg
had a txt off orange this morning saying the same....