ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Optimax

S1 Elise 111S

I definitely noticed a difference in my valver, hence my 182 hasnt seen anything else.

When i picked up my g/fs 1.6 106 yesterday i did about 10 miles before filling up with optimax (she usually puts 95RON in) and did about another 10 miles and found that it picked up so much better and even sounded slightly better.

Worth it in my opinion.

182 Spiced

I fill up with optimax here and there but normally put in Esso 97.

Using both 97 and 98 could it cause problems changing between the two?

Black Clio 172

Im gonna start using Total Super Unleaded -the old man works for em and gets me free fuel -NICE! -he says its 97.6 but without the additive put in BP ultimate.

Ive just used a full tank of BP Ultimate. I usually use Optimax and have tried full tanks of esso super and texaco 95 (apparently CTR owners love it?)

Anyway I find Optimax best. Much smoother and more mpg

Not much between esso and ultimate, both pretty good alternatives.

Texaco 95 ron stuff - no where near as smooth, but for some reason the car sounds great on it - more throaty.

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 30 June 2004

Ive tried them all.

Optimax,bp ultimate and esso super,etc,etc

The optimax is the best.It also returns better mpg on my 172 by about 5mpg vs normal unleaded

It seems to aid the pick up when you plant the throttle when moving

ian
So you get better mileage but when you add the extra cost, you still loose out!!!

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 02 July 2004

Ive tried them all.

The optimax is the best.It also returns better mpg on my 172 by about 5mpg vs normal unleaded

ian
So you get better mileage but when you add the extra cost, you still loose out!!!
its worth losing out though, if it means you enjoy the drive more

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 02 July 2004

Ive tried them all.

ian
Loose out on what mate.It only costs about £3 more to fill up on optimax,i then get a bit of that back with around 5mpg difference,so its minimal really.The 172 was made to be run on 98 so thats what it gets,i wouldnt want to compramise any internal engine bits for the sake of 5p a litre

When buying a car like mine i can forfit £3 in fill ups,im scotish yes,but im not that tight.Its a more rewarding drive too so i dont feel i loose out at all.

Regards,ian

Super (97/98) petrol definitely makes a difference to my 172.

My old V6 vectra preferred super too, it could adjust itself to whatever you stuck in it.