ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

optic cable question

182 ff silver
just had to get one of these to wire up my ps3 to the home cinema kit and it wont fit in either, its just a tiny bit too big do they do different sizes? thanks elliot :)

AFAIK Toslink is Toslink. I've never seen a commercially available alternative. Digital coax is in theory actually a better signal since there's no conversion, but optical is fine.

Not sure how it won't fit? Toslink to Scart doesn't fit ;)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
This might cure your problem.......it is something that got me!!!
over the end of the cables is an almost invisible silicone which is there to protect the optics, use your finger nail to peel it out of the way.
In the PS3 it is a very tight fit and once the silicone is peeled of you still need to firmly click it in to place.

If is not this.....then I am stumped.

C

Cupster

iirc, the connectors only fit in one way. i.e. the connector is a square but one side is the top side. Also the PS3 port is very tight and as also said ensure the silicon over the fiber ends is removed.

Try both ends of the cable and compare them for manu. faults etc if only one side fits.

There is only one type of optical connection available so it should go in.

182 ff silver
This might cure your problem.......it is something that got me!!!
over the end of the cables is an almost invisible silicone which is there to protect the optics, use your finger nail to peel it out of the way.
In the PS3 it is a very tight fit and once the silicone is peeled of you still need to firmly click it in to place.

If is not this.....then I am stumped.

thankyou tahankyou spot on mate took the plastic off and fits like a glove thanks for everyones help :D