ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Disastra Coupe
I'm not sure if i preferred it on anthracite wheels tbh. Bare carbon bonnet is definitely a no-no though.

LY 182
I'd like to see it in person tbh with anthra wheels, no disrespect to your PS skills Christopher! :eek:

It does look great with the white wheels too though. Lovely stance.

And I feel yo pain. My car needs plenty of s**t done too. I was so excited when buying I really didn't inspect it that well and certain parts, the front end in particular are bladdy battered!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Front end respray, sell the Carbon bonnet.
White wheels
OE diamonds, all the other colours including carbon look shat.

Get a good detail done on it, then you'll realise why you love it and why the white wheels work so well with the paint. :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers for all the replies. I'll sell the bonnet towards painting the front end. TBH, it's what I thought all along, but if the CF looked decent I'd have kept it.

Just booked the wheels in for Saturday and the dings are booked in for removal in two week's time. So that's a chunk of my spare cash gone already, one day after pay day. lol

I've also bought some matte, high-temp engine paint to finish off the engine that Fred started to paint for me. He's painted the engine mount and rocker cover, I've got to paint the upper inlet and fuel guard. That'll be all matte black, with my carbon cover back on it, plus the OEM airbox back on.

It's going to be so worth it though. I want it mint again by the Summer, like better than it used to be.

It's slowly getting there.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Are you keeping the white wheels? I would, amphasite will just make it look like all the other RB 182's. Yours looks a little different. Especially since you haven't painted all your diamonds in gay colours.

Sell it already you dwarf emo pikey. You've fallen well behind in the new car stakes.

I aren't impressed.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
PMSL.

You'll be prying that key from my dead, small claws before I'll follow you in dervsville. Not this time! ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Are you keeping the white wheels? I would, amphasite will just make it look like all the other RB 182's. Yours looks a little different. Especially since you haven't painted all your diamonds in gay colours.

LOL. Yeah, definitely.

I replaced all my badges with silver jobbies last year. Got really bored with the look.

Not a 320d
Personally, I think you should sell it and rspray the front and and bonnet. If not, spray the CF bonnet Racing blue, and fit it. I agree with the whole clean look thing and I think yours looks great, IMO you'd ruin what is already a clean and mint example. But its your car........

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Personally, I think you should sell it and rspray the front and and bonnet. If not, spray the CF bonnet Racing blue, and fit it. I agree with the whole clean look thing and I think yours looks great, IMO you'd ruin what is already a clean and mint example. But its your car........

Cheers for all the replies. I'll sell the bonnet towards painting the front end. TBH, it's what I thought all along, but if the CF looked decent I'd have kept it.

Just booked the wheels in for Saturday and the dings are booked in for removal in two week's time. So that's a chunk of my spare cash gone already, one day after pay day. lol

I've also bought some matte, high-temp engine paint to finish off the engine that Fred started to paint for me. He's painted the engine mount and rocker cover, I've got to paint the upper inlet and fuel guard. That'll be all matte black, with my carbon cover back on it, plus the OEM airbox back on.

It's going to be so worth it though. I want it mint again by the Summer, like better than it used to be.

It's slowly getting there.

Hi

Sell, front end respray.

It looks fantastic. There is a reason it is one of the best loved cars on here, it looks mint the way it is. Stick with the white and clean look. Carbon is too "try hard".

Forearms has spoken.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Glad to see you're keeping it as it is mate, will look much fresher with silver badges/bullets too.

LY 182
Really looking forward to this bud.

I've been thinking about a 197/200 for a fair while now, however after driving a very well put together 182 at the weekend I really can't see how a 197/200 would match that for sheer driving fun.

So looking to go down your route really. Will need a service and needs a few small bits for the engine / running to be spot on. (Fred will be in charge of sorting this). Then gotta sort it out cosmetically. The front end is enough to make a grown man cry. As well as a few marks elsewhere. Front end respray and a good detailing definitely required. Then to sort out the handling, suspension, ARB, etc...

You've inspired me 'Topher. Now just to get some bloody money.. lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Really looking forward to this bud.

I've been thinking about a 197/200 for a fair while now, however after driving a very well put together 182 at the weekend I really can't see how a 197/200 would match that for sheer driving fun.

So looking to go down your route really. Will need a service and needs a few small bits for the engine / running to be spot on. (Fred will be in charge of sorting this). Then gotta sort it out cosmetically. The front end is enough to make a grown man cry. As well as a few marks elsewhere. Front end respray and a good detailing definitely required. Then to sort out the handling, suspension, ARB, etc...

You've inspired me 'Topher. Now just to get some bloody money.. lol.

Heh, cheers man. Yeah, Fred sorted my all my mechanicals last month, so that's all done at least. Then the resistor pack for the climate packed up, so yet more bodywork money disappeared. Meh.

It'll get there!

will look sound mate all fresh:D

look forward to seeing it gleaming:cool:

Yours is what I'm aiming for mate. ;) If I can get it looking like a 30k car, I'll be chuffed!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol @ Suffener <3

I'll ask my cousin where he got his ST sprayed for you mate, they did a brilliant job and are in St. Helens iirc.

i'd have gone nuts if you'd have sprayed the CF bonnet, that would have been heroXeleventy

cars always going to look good regardless, you are too much of a pedantic b*****d for it not too.

Hyundai i40
Chris

The CF bonnet on my old 172 looked fucked and full of stone chips within a year, looked like id done about 100k on it. so you choose right

If you had of kept the CF bonnet you'd have ended up respraying the front end before you know it anyways

AUDI A5 s-sline
Looks good as it mate,:) front end refurb, and wheel refurb If you say the paints flaking and bobs your uncle! :rasp:

If you give it black wheels you will dead to me. You won't exist in any way shape or form.

Last edited:
  I love Lamp
Definitely better without the carbon bonnet. Have you just simply unplugged the sidelight bulbs as that looks class with just mainbeamss lol

J.W

RB 182 Cup
Your white wheels look better than antracite to be honest mate

dsc_0026.jpg

The perfect stance! :)

What suspension is this running?

Status
Not open for further replies.