ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

opinions please! (cam belt snapped)

My cam belt snapped on friday in my valver! So have no car now, can borrow other peoples in the evenings but is a pain.

I have an F7R out of megane in the garage that i have stripped down, wanted to get the head worked on while it was out with new cams etc, and slowly build it up so i spread the cost a bit.

Going to paris tomorrow so can spend friday when i come back buying all the bits needed (clutch, head gasket set, water pump, bolts, etc) to put the meggy lump in, in a rush as it is?

Do i do this or fix the head temporarily in the valver and continue with my plans on the meg.

I don't know the damage yet as i haven't looked at it yet. and can i get away with not using new head bolts/gaskets if i go this route as it will be temporary?

Thanks Ian.

Caddy Maxi
buy a complete 2nd hand head? there are usually a couple kicking about, if worst comes to worst i have one which you can have cheap and only needs 4 zorst valves if yours is totalled

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
where abouts do you live? i do a nice little sideline rebuilding cyl heads
and so long as its only valve damage this is a viable option, if the guides/seats are damaged however its not economical to rebuild. considering the cost of a second hand head

Last edited: