ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on this Civic Type-R please?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
56   0   0
  ST3 8.5
What they like as i'm toying with a late prem edition as track/road toy.

Like cosmic, as is dont attract attention;)

Prices have bombed in the last few months, 7K is possible:D

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
What they like as i'm toying with a late prem edition as track/road toy.

Like cosmic, as is dont attract attention;)

Prices have bombed in the last few months, 7K is possible:D

You'll be in the same boat as me then :)

I want one around the £6k-£6.5k mark though

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Don't get the pre-facelift, the facelift is sooo much better! Well worth paying the extra, especially if you wanted to sell it in the future.

I may be wrong but I'm sure there's almost 1000 differences between the two, although the majority of them are minor things.

Main things are (far) better interior, lightened fly (revs better, doesn't drop out of vtec, doesn't feel as sluggish) and the looks!

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
It's a pre face-mate. Anything up to 53 is a pre-facelift anything after is a facelift, but there is a few 53 plate facelifts tho!!!

Mine was a pre-face imho they are alot better than the face and the claimed 0.2 seconds of the 0-60 in the facelift is rubbish they are heaver!

Pre-face for the rower facelift to look pretty mate;)

Btw i sold my minter for 7k with 54k on the clock about 7 months ago!

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Don't get the pre-facelift, the facelift is sooo much better! Well worth paying the extra, especially if you wanted to sell it in the future.

I may be wrong but I'm sure there's almost 1000 differences between the two, although the majority of them are minor things.

Main things are (far) better interior, lightened fly (revs better, doesn't drop out of vtec, doesn't feel as sluggish) and the looks!

Interior is the same except the facelift has pink seats in the middle! The fly doesn't make it stay in v-tec it just picks up a little easier in higher rev's changing gear before 8200rpm will make you drop out of v-tec.

They are a hard car to drive fast mate, nothing like the clio. They really need to be rev'd. There was about a thousand minor changes, like said the main ones are......

Sharper steering rack
lighter flywheel
red seats
Front bumper and projector lights
Lexus style rear lights
And about 900 very small things you would never notice unless you read about lol.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
There's some great deals to be had dude...

I originally went for a milano red, 36k, £9,000 04 plate...

got sold and found one the day later, 05 plate, 19k, £9,000...cosmic grey...

Much better colour to me now IMO, and looks insane when it's at night and if it's raining..

TBH I wouldn't listen to people who go on and on about ek9 type R's, yes they're rarer, but more expensive to run, and the tuning potential of the K20 engine is far better than the B16..

Also, I've raced 2 EK9's in my standard EP3 and pulled away from them both ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
There's some great deals to be had dude...

I originally went for a milano red, 36k, £9,000 04 plate...

got sold and found one the day later, 05 plate, 19k, £9,000...cosmic grey...

Much better colour to me now IMO, and looks insane when it's at night and if it's raining..

TBH I wouldn't listen to people who go on and on about ek9 type R's, yes they're rarer, but more expensive to run, and the tuning potential of the K20 engine is far better than the B16..

Also, I've raced 2 EK9's in my standard EP3 and pulled away from them both ;)

Why wouldn't you listen to people who talk about ek9's?

Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  Megane 225 F1
i saw a white ctr the other day. it looked the sex! i was walking past it and didnt look where i was going and walked into a wall, it was that good. it made me decide that i will own a white one in the future ;)