ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on this Civic Type-R please?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Good evening peeps! :)

Could I have your opinions on this Civic Type-R please?

Could I get a better spec, lower mileage, newer etc?

The spec I am REALLY after would be gunmetal grey, under 40K miles on the clock, the better bucket seats, for under £6k.

Dealers Website link

http://www.nickdoddscars.co.uk/details.php?id=226

Autotrader link

http://www.nickdoddscars.co.uk/details.php?id=226

Advert Spec:

3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 41,000 miles, Metallic Silver. ABS, Alarm, Alloy wheels, Drivers airbag, Electric door mirrors, Immobiliser, Electric windows, Full Service History, PAS, Leather Steering Wheel, Passenger airbag, Air-Conditioning, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Rear wiper, Remote central locking, Sports seats. Insurance Group:17D, Super condition throughout and a perfect drive.Totally standard and unabused.Further details on my website. £5,995

Photos:

media?id=837963592.gif
media?id=837963600.gif
media?id=837963610.gif
media?id=837963623.gif

Thanks in advance! :approve:

Darren

C

clvs2222

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hold out for what you want mate. bet theres thousands for sale, check the type R forums

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Are you buying the ctr out right mate ? Or part ex'ing the golf etc??

I will be buying this outright! Got a guy viewing the R32 tomorrow.

Just scoping out the Type-R's in the area really!

hold out for what you want mate. bet theres thousands for sale, check the type R forums

Thats what I was thinking but if I sell the R32 I will need a car asap!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice one, that didn't take long. Any other cars you could use while you look for a ctr ? (I'd hold out & get what I wanted too)

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Nice one, that didn't take long. Any other cars you could use while you look for a ctr ? (I'd hold out & get what I wanted too)

I ain't sold it yet though ;)

Funny you should say that I do have my Mum's Mini Cooper I could use for a few weeks, problem is thats up for sale as well!

I want to try and get a anniversary model if I can...not fussed if its a face lift or not.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True about not selling it yet though, the only reason I can see you not selling it though, is if he makes a silly low offer for it & you refuse.
Apart from that, no worries on selling it imo.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
that 03 one is ok, just not very special, looks quite plain and boring imo.

Thats what I was thinking, I can't help but think its the silver that makes it boring, if it were gunmetal it would look better!

True about not selling it yet though, the only reason I can see you not selling it though, is if he makes a silly low offer for it & you refuse.
Apart from that, no worries on selling it imo.

I spoke the chap on the phone this afternoon and he said he had the money waiting...he managed to knock £500 off already but thats only cause the car will need taxing, mot and servicing in the next 3 months.

JCC

Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The only colours to have one in are cosmic gray or milano red imo.
If I were you I'd try to hold out for as long as possible till one came along.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
The only colours to have one in are cosmic gray or milano red imo.
If I were you I'd try to hold out for as long as possible till one came along.

The red has really grown on me in the last couple of weeks! I saw one the other day parked up in the centre of town it looked great, must have just been cleaned as it was gleaming.

Much like this:

799570-2.jpg

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  A4 DTM/iceberg cup
not bad but they drink fuel. know a few people that have had then and sold them on. pretty reliable but have heard a few rattles. the top silver one is pre facelift (plain looking) doesn't have the optional fog lights but does have aircon by the look of it..its a buyers market aswell so just hold out for what you want. market will be swamped with these cars next year as people realise they can no longer afford to run them

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
I much prefer grey tbh, I think it looks a bit classier.

Grey is definitely the colour of choice.

Falfield, just up the road from me.

Go and take a look for me then :D

not bad but they drink fuel. know a few people that have had then and sold them on. pretty reliable but have heard a few rattles. the top silver one is pre facelift (plain looking) doesn't have the optional fog lights but does have aircon by the look of it..its a buyers market aswell so just hold out for what you want. market will be swamped with these cars next year as people realise they can no longer afford to run them

Well as long as it doesn't consume anymore than my R32 then thats fine! I do agree though I should wait for my spec car to come on the market.

I like grey or black

Agreed, grey 1st though!

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
if i am up that way today mate i will

anything you want me to look @ in particular ?

Fair play mate! :approve::approve::approve:

Just seen if its a decent example I suppose, no major scratches or dents anywhere.

I wouldn't bother though as I have been put off that car now :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Z4M
Thought about a Champ White JDM one?

You get the red Recaros, like in the Anni... plus an LSD, plus another 15bhp and better steering feel. I've driven both... the JDM is a fair step ahead!

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Been offered a 53 plate preface lift black CTR with the following modifications:

D2 coilovers
D2 LCAs
D2 rear camber arms
D2 rosejoint track rod ends
Js racing lower strut brace
Fast road setup
E-tec front strut brace spoon rear
Powerslot front and rear big discs yellow stuff pads
Innovative solid engine mounts
Magnet de-cat pipe
Spoon b-pipe and spoon N1
Gruppe m
AEM fuelrail
Samco induction hose
P2R thermal intake gasket
P2R thermal throttlebody gaskets
P2R power plenum
P2R throttlebody spacer
Spoon 70mm throttlebody
Corsport aluminum shifter bushes and cable bushes
Yellow rocker cover
Black inlet manifold
Skunk 2gearknob
JDM wind deflectors
Rear tints
4 new toyo tyres
JL speakers allround running off a profile 4amp

Tax'd and MOT'd till June 09. 47k on the clock.

No photos yet.

What do you guys think? Avoid it?

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
not bad mods, but id check the insurance hike with all that declared, what sort of price you been offered?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The silver looks bland as hell tbh.

Hold out for exactly what you want as you'll regret not doing so in the long run, but if a decent offer comes in for yours sell as well offers are not rife at the moment.

Love that red, the JDM one chris is on about sounds schweet though.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
The silver looks bland as hell tbh.

Hold out for exactly what you want as you'll regret not doing so in the long run, but if a decent offer comes in for yours sell as well offers are not rife at the moment.

Love that red, the JDM one chris is on about sounds schweet though.

I shall be holding on for the perfect spec don't you worry! :)

That red is definitely growing on me though!

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Red CTR, black wheels, bride seats, slammed, nice camber, straight through, brembos, slightly tinted windows. Supercharger. Pure sex. Just a million times better than the 1st silver you posted.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Red CTR, black wheels, bride seats, slammed, nice camber, straight through, brembos, slightly tinted windows. Supercharger. Pure sex. Just a million times better than the 1st silver you posted.

Haha! Red one would be nice, standard to begin with :rasp:

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Colours to have for an ep3 are as follows in that order.......

Championship white
Night hawk black
cosmic grey
miliano red
and sadly....satin silver.

Nhb look ace when cleaned and polidhed but are a nightmare to keep clean.

Here is a pic of my NHB

calipers056.jpg
calipers057.jpg
calipers061.jpg

:cool::cool:

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Very nice type_rdriver :)

Only reason I wouldn't go for another black car is that my R32 is black and I would like a change!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  renault clio 182 tur
Fair play mate! :approve::approve::approve:

Just seen if its a decent example I suppose, no major scratches or dents anywhere.

I wouldn't bother though as I have been put off that car now :D
dont they do a import version in white which looks sweet as? very rare though i think.