ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on these wheels?

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Finally found some alloys i like, and for a good price too. Just wandering what peoples opinions are on them. 17" in white fitted to a 2004 flame red 172, please dont say i should get 16's instead because i already have a set of tyres to go on these.

all comments welcome good or bad

foxfx004whL12708129504bbf11167d17f.gif

Ph 1 172
think they would look alright (look a little like oz ultraleggras) how much are they setting you back (p.s not sure on 17" though lol)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice wheels, but will look Huuuuuge! And will be a pain in the arse to keep clean.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
How much are they? i'd personally go for the pro race 1.2
They come in white too and are pretty light. 16's too...

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
I have have 17's now, they are big but i dont want to have to buy another set of tyres.

and they are £350 delivered, is that a good price? i thought it was

I'll be the first to disagree. I think they look a bit chavvy.
Im guessing from your user name you used to have a C2 GT (just a guess - white wheels)
I think the white multispokes will make it took like a pram tbh..
Think the flame red looks better with graphite/anthracite coloured wheels myself.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
I'll be the first to disagree. I think they look a bit chavvy.
Im guessing from your user name you used to have a C2 GT (just a guess - white wheels)
I think the white multispokes will make it took like a pram tbh..
Think the flame red looks better with graphite/anthracite coloured wheels myself.

C2 yeah, not a GT though just 1.4hdi

MAINPIC.gif

My opinion -

Wheels should be gloss black or gloss dark grey (or possibly white, but only on a white car.) White on any other colour or any other colour of wheel should be saved for a track car.

17's? - you've bought a car that (although let down by build quality, interior, materials, etc that aren't up there with the best from other marques) was/is renowned as being one of the best handling hot hatches.......and then slap a set of 17's on it? I really wouldn't.

It's nice to have something a bit different, but I've always prefered changes that are subtle, that make you think it left the factory that way, or should have done.

Also won't the brakes look puny behind those rims.

Sorry, but I think they'd look chavvy. I'd sell the tyres and get some 16's in gloss dark grey.......

.......but your choice :)

ph2 iceburg 172
why dont you just sell the 17" tyres and then buy 16"? apart from anything it may work out that you loose a little money selling the 17" but surely if you were to buy tyres in the future they would cost more?

Inferno 182 CUP
nothing wrong with 17's

The Twingo 133 with cup chassis comes with 17'' wheels.

Standard Twingo is 16 inch .. the cup pack adds 17s so they must be good for something