ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on these Discs

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Imo, stick to what you know. Brembo HC are another £20 max. They are tried and tested and will eliminate any concerns over quality!

clio 172
i fitted a set of these to my puma and them combined with greenstuff pads were shite. But it could have been the greenstuff pads that were bad

Low 'n' Slow
Drilled or grooved Brembo's are a lot more expensive are they not? I'd prefer it if they were drilled or grooved simply for looks. I'm not looking for increased braking performance as its only a 1.poo. Anything with similar performance to the standard brakes would be fine.

The KTR 285mm Big Front Brake Kit is £265 but I don't really want to spend that much. So i'm looking a cheaper alternatives.

Low 'n' Slow
You might find that cheap drilled discs will crack when they get heat in them...

are they likely to get hot enough to make them crack on a 1.poo that isn't driven hard as its slammed to the floor? I'm a complete novice with brakes so don't have a clue.

are they likely to get hot enough to make them crack on a 1.poo that isn't driven hard as its slammed to the floor? I'm a complete novice with brakes so don't have a clue.

possibly not, but why risk it?

Just buy Brembo HC's, they're proven.

Low 'n' Slow
Sorry to offend you with my tiny 1.2 discs fUbAr we're not all blessed with massive disks....

Like I said I'm novice and I'm only asking questions.

I'm not offended in the slightest, nor do I have massive discs.

I have some experience so I'm only answering your questions.

Low 'n' Slow
Sorry I took the 'Just buy Brembo HC's and stop worrying what your tiny 1.2 discs look like' comment the wrong way. You edited your post though haha

Thanks for the help. i might just have found a ktec kit cheap, fingers crossed its for the 16v and not the 8v

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I'm not sure if they would fit but I have calipers an disks ov my 182 4 sale If u wan bigger disks think they will b alot better than ur standard 1.2 ones an looks wise :)

Low 'n' Slow
I'm not sure if they would fit but I have calipers an disks ov my 182 4 sale If u wan bigger disks think they will b alot better than ur standard 1.2 ones an looks wise :)

Would i not need to change the calipers to get them to fit?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Would i not need to change the calipers to get them to fit?

Yer you would it's the hole front brakes m8 the calipers hav only done 50k an the discks hav done 4k I don't need these now as iv fitted 330mm 4pot hispec kit

Low 'n' Slow
Yer you would it's the hole front brakes m8 the calipers hav only done 50k an the discks hav done 4k I don't need these now as iv fitted 330mm 4pot hispec kit

is there a guide anywhere that shows you how to change them over? would be good if i could see how hard/easy it is before i make my mind up.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
is there a guide anywhere that shows you how to change them over? would be good if i could see how hard/easy it is before i make my mind up.

Not sure about a guide think a haynes manual would b better. But Changin the brakes r easy m8 ud hav 2 nuts on the bk think ther about 19mm a 2x star torx bolts on the disks think it's tx 30 an ud need brake pipe clamps 2 stop the brake fluid leakin out an then disconnect the brake pipe from caliper. Change it all over an put the brake pipe on, an final steps is blead the brakes. Do u not know any1 tha is a mechanic it's easy if u know how cheers

clio 172 phase 2
i had a set of these on my rover coupe, with some ferodo pads (found these better then green stuff),
they worked very well,
the disks are delphi disks, which are good quality, had them for over 2 years, covered about 40,000 HARD miles, used 2 sets of pads on them, and there was hardly a lip or any major wear on them, and were still decent when i got rid of the car,
good budget option if your not after any sort of major performance from them

Evo 8 MR
I just bought some new standard discs and Ferodo pads for my old 1.4 16v, they are absolutely brilliant once you get some heat into them.

Brakes on the mk2 Clio are good as standard anyway so why bother messing really? Just not needed on a non sport.

Low 'n' Slow
I'm just trying to get something that looks a bit better. As I said I'm not looking for any better performance than i already have.