ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

opinions on coilovers for fast road set up

Titanium 182
As above im wanting coilvers and im looking at the full range from ktecs through to b14s I dont do track days but id like a fast road set up the car only gets driven twice a week at most now so i can put up with it being a firm ride ,im going with PMS solid mounts if that makes a difference to choice
So what do people suggest

Titanium 182
Budget isnt really an issue my 182 is cup packed and atm has apex springs which I find quite a harsh ride I would like adjustable so just springs is out of the question

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
BC racing from Mickpm on here.

Spring rates can be adjusted depending on what you use the car for.

LiquidYellDan whats the ride quailty like as apex on cup shocks is back breaking I literally wince at any sort of bump in the roads and did you fit new struts front and rear ??

Find the ride good to be fair. I drove 3 half hours on them this morning anyway, no aches :)
Full Renault cup shocks and the Cooksport. Handles superb and I haven't even had it set up yet. Just a basic front end tracking.
The solid top mounts have massively changed handling characteristics! Highly recommend this setup as do a lot of people for road use.

Quite low too if that's what your looking for.
y2umatez.jpg
4uqa6uvy.jpg

Titanium 182
Can anybody answer me this do lowering springs take the original struts out of their optimal damping range or doesthis not effect them because of the minimal drop ??