ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

opinions on bmc cda?

have just ordered one for my 182 after comparing dyno graphs for this and the itg maxogen, and also the fact ive used them in the past on my 106 and astra and loved them! does anyone use one? and what do you reckon on them?

clio sport 182
i had one for all of a few miles lovely sound if thats what your after,my car felt sluggish with one tho,could never manage to get a straight enough caf to make it work

ClioSport 172 Cup
w**k. You don`t gain anything from them but noise! I lost BHP and Torque(Big Fall in inlet manifold pressure compared to clio system) over the standard airbox! You gain more from just installing an ITG panel in the standard box!
Don`t waste your time on any of the aftermarket induction kits if you are looking for performance gains.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've got one on mine, i rate them to be honest, noise is good, but quieter when the air feed is on

Nippy white cup
I think they are great as long as 1. you have a decent cold airfeed and 2. you have the car mapped properly (obviously only if you have other mods)

Chris

clio sport 182
well i had my full milltek matched inlets an plenum with a map and the bmc was shocking,i also tryed a itg panel filter but again i found the standard panel the best so far,but as said with thye bmc i could get a good caf to it

ClioSport 172 Cup
A BMC kit making any performance gain over the factory box on the F4R is fantasy. I had one fitted and the sound gives you the impression that the engine is making more power, in reality you are losing inlet manifold pressure which = a drop in bhp. I ran mine on a live data session on RS Tuner and after letting Henk analyse the data he confirmed i was losing 2-3bhp with the BMC kit. Dont be fooled by it, even with a cold feed pipe fitted YES my manifold temperature was less BUT the inlet manifold pressure drop was cancelling out any gains from the cold air. Inlet manifold pressure is crucial.
You gain performance from ITB's because the inlet length is short, short inlet = High manifold pressure. As soon as you start adding CAF and pipes to a NA inlet the manifold pressure actually drops. I did various tests with RS Tuner and discovered this the hard way.

Sam

A Flamin' Red one
A BMC kit making any performance gain over the factory box on the F4R is fantasy. I had one fitted and the sound gives you the impression that the engine is making more power, in reality you are losing inlet manifold pressure which = a drop in bhp. I ran mine on a live data session on RS Tuner and after letting Henk analyse the data he confirmed i was losing 2-3bhp with the BMC kit. Dont be fooled by it, even with a cold feed pipe fitted YES my manifold temperature was less BUT the inlet manifold pressure drop was cancelling out any gains from the cold air. Inlet manifold pressure is crucial.
You gain performance from ITB's because the inlet length is short, short inlet = High manifold pressure. As soon as you start adding CAF and pipes to a NA inlet the manifold pressure actually drops. I did various tests with RS Tuner and discovered this the hard way.

Sam

Interesting, but WHY does the inlet manifold pressure drop with a BMC yet maintain with a standard air box when both are enclosed and both run CAF pipes and both run to the same NA inlet?

hmm some interesting views then, i have always thought a good induction system was essential. other modifications wise it will be getting a sports cat and cat back system before i worry about a remap.

Clio MK 4
i have one with cold air feed. Sounds mint, no power loss which is what i was worried about. Don't gain any though. They a good price

ITB'd MK1
A friend/former customer of mine fitted a CDA to his 200sx. It strangled the hell out of it. Took the front off the box and it got all it's power back

Ph1

Sam

Thats all very nice but a member on here ran a 14.2 second quarter mile with one on. Can you explain why that was if they are so bad and restrictive on the F4R ??

Your relying heavily on your RS tuner to give you all this info. Could it be the fact that the tuner box was generic mapped on a stock airbox equipped car originally so is alian to any forms of different flow rates, pressures etc?

I just cant see how some 100 quid electirc box can give you all this accurate information compared to sticking in on the rollers with proper diagnostics and AFR check