ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on aftermarket steering wheel

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
All about personal taste really.

I, and many others have the Sabelt Renaultsport wheel, which is 330mm. So much better than the OE bus sized steering wheel!

107 Track Car & C4
I have had a OMP Trecento 300mm wheel on my 182 for about 4-5 months now, best mod I've done!

300mm is perfect!

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
  107 Track Car & C4
I got an Oreca boss from K-Tec, think it's a universal fit really. Think it was around £50 from what I can remember.

Quite an easy job to do changing the wheel, looks more difficult than it actually is :)

evo 6rs/clio 172
Did you guys buy the resistor wire as well to turn the air bag off
The boss from k tec is £85 now

107 Track Car & C4
Yeah the boss may have been more, can't remember really. I got the resistors with the boss.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
K tec are ridiculously overpriced mate, look elsewhere. You should be paying no more than £50 for a boss. And you need to get a momo boss, dont get an omp one. Also, it doesn't matter what make wheel you get, they are all the same fitment and will fit to the momo boss. Try demon tweeks for the boss, I'm sure they have discount for club members too. Ive had my OMP trecento 300mm wheel for about 3 and a half year now and i love it. For the resistors, look at the sticky in the top of this section, made by myself.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I would like the sabelt wheel too but no idea on what boss is what :(

Not too fussed on keeping the cruise control but would like it if it's not too much hassle

Chris

evo 6rs/clio 172
Yes found both at demon tweeks
Will order the momo one with the steering wheel at the top of the thread
​Thanks

evo 6rs/clio 172
Which boss did you guys buy
Apparently you need 1 which has the steering angle sensors on the boss
Trouble is they only come up with 1 type for 172/182
cheers