ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinion - o2 sensor good or bad?

FF Clio 182
Capture 2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Though I would ask the CS pros for a second opinion. When starting my 182 from cold it smells fairly rich, was thinking about getting a new front lambda sensor but just wanted to ask before I spend the £80 on one. Just want to point out car is still getting a good 45mpg on a run and about 25-30mpg round town so no high fuel usage.

Car is running a V6 airbox, KTec ultra performance exhaust and a sports CAT. Car is running Shell V-Power Nitro.

Sorry if the pics are a little small but I am sure you all know how to zoom :)

Last edited:
  Clio 172 phase 1
When its cold it'll push more fuel through to warm the engine and cat up to meet emissions regs..... Hence they idle high and drop down after a few moments ... The sports cat is more free flowing allowing more through it just imagine it was a decat so all you're smelling is the car on choke if you like trying to warm the cat up to lower emissions etc .... It's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about .... I'm not an expert but that's my knowledge on it I'm sure someone pro will elaborate and tell you more :)

FF Clio 182
When its cold it'll push more fuel through to warm the engine and cat up to meet emissions regs..... Hence they idle high and drop down after a few moments ... The sports cat is more free flowing allowing more through it just imagine it was a decat so all you're smelling is the car on choke if you like trying to warm the cat up to lower emissions etc .... It's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about .... I'm not an expert but that's my knowledge on it I'm sure someone pro will elaborate and tell you more :)

Yeah you thinking the same as what I am to be honest. Plugged the car in to read the data feed and I know a lot of people have more knowledge than I do on this, it may make more sense to them. Wasn't to sure if the data for the pre CAT lambda is correct and functioning correctly. Just didn't want to go throwing money at a problem that wasn't there :) cheers though mate much appreciated

Clio 172 phase 1
I've plugged a few diff cars in on our diagnostics reader and the voltage and results are pretty similar to yours so Id say its fine but im not a mechanic just an enthusiast and fairly spanner confident lol.. Wouldn't waste the money tbh save it buy some beers and fill the car with petrol much better way to spend £80 :)

FF Clio 182
I've plugged a few diff cars in on our diagnostics reader and the voltage and results are pretty similar to yours so Id say its fine but im not a mechanic just an enthusiast and fairly spanner confident lol.. Wouldn't waste the money tbh save it buy some beers and fill the car with petrol much better way to spend £80 :)

Yeah same here :) don't mind getting my hands dirty. Fuel bill and MOT next month and an ever mounting to do list...