ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opening URL with IE

Not a Clio
I have firefox as my default browser, however one link I have I need to open with IE.

How do I specifiy that the link opens with IE and not firefox? (I have the link on my desktop)

The link will open with your default browser. AFAIK if you just have one link you want to open with IE, you have to just add it as a favourite in IE and then open IE. Or just copy and paste the URL into IE of course.

I dont think there's a way to specify which browser will use the link, not in a 'right click - open with' fashion anyway. There may be a registry hack (or 3rd party software) to add this option to the shell - you can do pretty much anything if you know how.

If you want a shortcut on your desktop that opens a specific link in IE, then just right click and "Create Shortcut" in the box where it asks you what to shortcut to enter "iexplore http://www.cliosport.net" (without quotes) and it should start IE and open whatever URL you give it.

Yeah, thats odd. If you open "run" from the start menu and type iexplore it manages to start IE, but it doesn't work from a shortcut.

Windows :rolleyes: