ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

one thing after the other..

Track 172 & Golf R32
i went to take my car to get 2 new tyres on the front and the first wheel bolt sheared..

gonna get this sorted tomoro as im selling it so needs to be done asap.. but how will they fix this? can it be drilled out?

Mini Clubman
yes they can be drilled out. my dad got it done for free because it was the garages fault. but if not i can see this being costly. unsure though

Track 172 & Golf R32
oh good stufff lol i dont get payed for another week and ive just had a loada work done to it to get it perfect anyway

Clio RenaultSport 182
I've seen it done before by drilling a hole in the centre of the sheared nut and using an opposite thread tap to allow an opposite thread bolt to be screwed in. That way tightening the opp thread bolt undoes the sheared bolt. As has been said, not an expensive job

Track 172 & Golf R32
i was thinking that myself. got it booked in tomoro to get sorted.. i have to go somewhere tonite and theres no way of not driving is it safe to drive on 3 wheels bolts seems a silly question to be fair but im none the wiser on this instinct says a big fat NO