ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

a burnt one
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

I've noticed that when playing music the volume slider is always in the middle, for example if i slide to increase the volume the volume will increase but the slider will just revert back to the middle, after it has rattled about a bit.

Is it meant to do this?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

mine has never done that

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

Im trying to update to 3.01 but it keeps getting stuck when doing back up. Green bar goes about 1/4" and stops.

Any ideas?
Cheers

E92 330

I only gt my iphone yest, went for 3gs white. i have no decents apps at all? any good free games. i no nothing about the iphone so if someone could explain jail break and their experiences of doing it, id realy appreciate it.

also can i change text and ring tones to songs, guessing their mayb and app todo this?

any help appreciated!

Fiat Panda 100hp

I only gt my iphone yest, went for 3gs white. i have no decents apps at all? any good free games. i no nothing about the iphone so if someone could explain jail break and their experiences of doing it, id realy appreciate it.

also can i change text and ring tones to songs, guessing their mayb and app todo this?

any help appreciated!

A lot of good games for 59p, which is pretty cheap considering. Can't change ring tones to songs, one of the down falls of the iphone.

BMW 320 M Sport, 197

You can make ring tones out of songs in iTunes. Search it on google, you can sample a set amount if time anywhere on a track and save it as a ringtone extension.

Oh and I've got 3GS after having 3 of the 8gb 3G ones since march due to hardware problems!!

Possibly a dim question, just got a 3G, Wifi worked fine, then gradually it updated to 3.0.1, now it won't find any wifi networks regardless of what I do and I get the error "could not scan for wireless networks". Any tips?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Audiko is good for ringtones, search google for it and browse from your computer.

BMW 320 M Sport, 197

I had the same problem with wifi when I updated to 3.0 on my 2nd iPhone. As far as I can tell, the only way to sort that is reset the phone, try restoring it, reset networks and if that doesn't work and the phone is still in warranty go to an o2 store and they'll send it off and you'll prob get a new one, or an apple store with a genius bar and they can change it straight away.

I had the same problem with wifi when I updated to 3.0 on my 2nd iPhone. As far as I can tell, the only way to sort that is reset the phone, try restoring it, reset networks and if that doesn't work and the phone is still in warranty go to an o2 store and they'll send it off and you'll prob get a new one, or an apple store with a genius bar and they can change it straight away.

I only got it (new) today!

BMW 320 M Sport, 197

If you got it today take it back and get a 3GS. had this 16gb one I'm using to type this since Friday and no wifi problems, only had problems with the other 3 8gb 3G's

a burnt one

Anybody know a good (free) program for converting video's to .mp4 format?

E87 118d M Sport

mkv2vob does mp4 irrc, is free and works flawlessly

M135i

I wonder how many times you'd get handbrake turn up of you searched this thread for it.

Another problem (are al Apple products this buggy?!)...plugged into my PC via the supplied USB lead and it constantly connects / disconnects / reconnects every few minutes.

Had a spare USB from when I had a Touch, so I tried that and still get the same problem. Tried all my USB ports, very very odd, and somewhat annoying.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

I had that Chris, and I thought it was down to the non-apple usb cable that I was using. When I went back to the original apple cable it still did the same though!

After a bit of googling I found a few other people had the same and that simply restarting the iPhone fixed it, and hasn't happened since.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

sync your iphone with picture folders and yea. (but they wont be in your "camera roll", they will be in the folder that they are in on your pc.
All of the pictures will then be in the relevant folder (even if you copy them off the phone into an appropriate folder), however they will all still come under "Photo Library too"

iPhoneUpload-4.jpg

once they are in these seperate folders, you cant delete them off the phone. you have to do it on the pc

how do i sync with a folder? thanks

E87 118d M Sport

you have to have the initial folder that you want to sync with at the same level as PICTURES, VIDEOS, DOCUMENTS etc on your PC. ive got mine called 3GS PHOTOS. In there you can obviously make as manny seperate folders as you want.
in itunes, go to the photo tab, and browse for the 3GS PHOTOS. then it will allow you to select which ever folders you want in the 3GS PHOTOS area.

simplez.

Problem no. 3 (in 24hrs)...

Did a full reset of my iPhone to try and fix my Wifi problem, now the Wifi options are completely greyed out. tried resetting my Network settings but that did nothing. Arrrghhh!

I hate and love this phone in equal measure.

Apart from the obvious charger and sim card issues, any reason why an American iPhone 3Gs on PAYG wouldn't work in the UK once unlocked to UK networks?

Problem no. 3 (in 24hrs)...

Did a full reset of my iPhone to try and fix my Wifi problem, now the Wifi options are completely greyed out. tried resetting my Network settings but that did nothing. Arrrghhh!

I hate and love this phone in equal measure.

I had this on my 2G.

Apple replaced it FOC.

I had this on my 2G.

Apple replaced it FOC.

I'm currently doing the 'Erase all contents and settings' fix Apple suggest, unbelievably it takes 2hrs even though I've not started putting anything on the darn thing! Tried the other methods they suggest, neither worked.

If that doesn't work it's going back. I'm going to Bristol on Wednesday, can the Apple Store do anything?

Apart from the obvious charger and sim card issues, any reason why an American iPhone 3Gs on PAYG wouldn't work in the UK once unlocked to UK networks?

Any knowledge on this gents?

Looks like you cannot but just the phone over there :S

Cupra

As long as you have the PAYG sim to activate the phone after each firmware update etc, then there should not be any problems. There is no way (yet) to unlock a phone without first activating it through itunes with a valid sim though.

Cupra

Ta, booked for Thursday.

Properly borked now, says my iPhone is in recovery mode and needs to restore, but when I restore it I get an 'unknown error'. Failure.

Sounds like a complete pain in the arse! I hope the new one is trouble free for you.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Just update and forget about it. i would take me ages to explain. and its really silly anyway

Fiat Panda 100hp

Data usuage- I know it says unlimted but we all know there is set amount, anyone onbere been over it and been charged? I feel that i might go over it as here at work the 3g is rapid.

Gem

Racing Blue 182

Just update and forget about it. i would take me ages to explain. and its really silly anyway

I would but......

"Gem's iPhone could not be updated.

An unknown error occurred."

FFS.

Gem

Racing Blue 182

And now iTunes won't even recognise/find my iPhone.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Edit: I'm seriously annoyed. I update my iPhone like a good little Apple Slave and it f'ucks the handset up, it goes into recovery mode. And I now have an iPhone that won't f**king restore.

Har bloody har.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport

Data usuage- I know it says unlimted but we all know there is set amount, anyone onbere been over it and been charged? I feel that i might go over it as here at work the 3g is rapid.

I've never known anyone to max out the date allowance so I'd not worry about it.

A4 Avant

My iPod and iPhone connect to my laptop fine. However neither will connect to my work computer. The other guy in the office has the identical specced PC to me, yet I have no issues connecting to his.

Basically the phone is recognised momentarily then disconnects and the iPhone screen shows "charging is not supported with this accessory".

I've googled and nothing so far has worked, I've reinstalled iTunes and the apple service is running. Windows Xp is the OS. Using the usb port on the motherboard with no other usb devices plugged in. Original apple cable is being used as well.

Any ideas?