ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One for the tyre experts...

02 plate 172
I've bought a set of 5 wheels (4 x alloys 1 x steel spare) from a very nice chap on this here forum (Aaron2) and am looking to use them on my ph2 172.

Currently running stock 5 spokes 195/45/16 and have bought a set of 15's (in the same style, just smaller) that have some tired looking 185/55/15's. I'm going to change these for 4 x 195/50/15 PE2's.

Is the rolling circumference of a 185/55/15's much different to a 195/50/15? The spare tyre I have is brand spanking and I'd rather not replace it if I don't have to.

185's the width of the tyre remember, so its only a small difference in the profile (thickness). im confused though whether your going to use it or if its going to be a spare? if your using it, then no. you need to have the same profile of tyre on both sides of the axel. if its a spare then it doesnt matter.