ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One for the bikers.

I've recently got back on 2 wheels after breaking my back 2 years ago in a motocross accident:confused:

Did a Ron Haslam day beginning of last year and that was it, the old man and I had to go short circuit racing (banned from off road by the women!)

Bike of choice was a 2014 Triumph Daytona 675R that we've converted to race trim.:up:

Went to Almeria last week for 3 days testing and will definitely be going again next year. Also aiming to go to Jerez in October for 2 days

Aim of this year is to get a good set up and feel for the bike doing lots of track days then go racing next year:stig:

Some pics...
17366726165_3a9d9f257b_z.jpg
675R by JonC219, on Flickr
16746454743_f9622ff493_z.jpg
16744218474_7b6fc52b83_z.jpg
OHP by JonC219, on Flickr

Last day didnt go so well...
17364787962_fb3a4e6247_z.jpg
Slidey slidey, throttle off and... by JonC219, on Flickr
17364787982_00ee7250ac_z.jpg
Time to eject! by JonC219, on Flickr
Classic highside!:weary:

17159259417_5715eb6ab0_z.jpg
Damage by JonC219, on Flickr
17364788862_68b2575eb2_z.jpg
17366388891_7530dd699f_z.jpg
Very glad I avoided most of the bling Ohlins and Brembos in the crash. Exhaust needs a bit of love though...

And a video for those interested

More videos on my YT channel

Happy with my performance (bar the crash) but its all learning! Considering my lack of bike time (4th time on a road bike) and I don't have a license I impressed myself with only being 2 seconds off my friend with a GSXR-750 who has been to Almeria 3 times previously

Aiming for low 1.50's next year

I've recently got back on 2 wheels after breaking my back 2 years ago in a motocross accident:confused:

Did a Ron Haslam day beginning of last year and that was it, the old man and I had to go short circuit racing (banned from off road by the women!)

Bike of choice was a 2014 Triumph Daytona 675R that we've converted to race trim.:up:

Went to Almeria last week for 3 days testing and will definitely be going again next year. Also aiming to go to Jerez in October for 2 days

Aim of this year is to get a good set up and feel for the bike doing lots of track days then go racing next year:stig:

Some pics...
17366726165_3a9d9f257b_z.jpg
16746454743_f9622ff493_z.jpg
16744218474_7b6fc52b83_z.jpg
OHP by JonC219, on Flickr

Last day didnt go so well...
17364787962_fb3a4e6247_z.jpg
Slidey slidey, throttle off and... by JonC219, on Flickr
17364787982_00ee7250ac_z.jpg
Time to eject! by JonC219, on Flickr
Classic highside!:weary:

17159259417_5715eb6ab0_z.jpg
17364788862_68b2575eb2_z.jpg
17366388891_7530dd699f_z.jpg
Very glad I avoided most of the bling Ohlins and Brembos in the crash. Exhaust needs a bit of love though...

And a video for those interested

More videos on my YT channel

Happy with my performance (bar the crash) but its all learning! Considering my lack of bike time (4th time on a road bike) and I don't have a license I impressed myself with only being 2 seconds off my friend with a GSXR-750 who has been to Almeria 3 times previously

Aiming for low 1.50's next year

Lovely bike bud, shame about the off but that's life sometimes.

Looks like it was good fun :)

Which site did you book the Spanish trackdays through?
Cheers Oli

Yer s**t happens with the crash but if you don't crash once in a while you ain't going fast enough! ;)

I booked through BBS euro tracks. Really impressed with them as its open pit for 3 days, nice and relaxed. Sort out the bike shipment, accommodation and track time. I just needed to sort flights :)

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Great stuff, love the bike (pre-crash!) Always fancied a Daytona 675, but went for the GSXR-600 (2014) at the time.
Good luck on your racing!

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Nice bike that!
Have you ever used No Limits for trackdays? Friend of mine is an instructor for them, really friendly bunch

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
675 are a great bike. I had one for a short time before my current. Bit twitchy out of the box I thought. And narrow for me as I'm a giant lol.

Nice bike that!
Have you ever used No Limits for trackdays? Friend of mine is an instructor for them, really friendly bunch
I haven't been on a track day as such yet mate but I will be when I've rebuilt the bike. I've only done my race license and a test day at Brands with BEMSEE

Will probably do a couple of races with No limits as well

Thanks for the comments on the bike :)

675 are a great bike. I had one for a short time before my current. Bit twitchy out of the box I thought. And narrow for me as I'm a giant lol.
Yer they are narrow! Can chuck them about tho

Know what you mean about twitchy, but I like that as you can feel exactly what the tyres are doing even if it's moving about

Couple of clicks on the Ohlins transforms it tho

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
@JonC219 if you go ask for Patrick, sound guy and always available for tips on riding. He has worked with some BSB riders, and some of the young riders in Thundersport iirc.
He has a colleague who is s**t hot with suspension set up etc too

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I want to get my suspension sorted. I find my rr gets a fair amount of fork dive under braking, I know all sports do but it's a bit much for my style.

Thought about adjusting myself but I'm not that hot on bike suspension.

If you haven't already set the sag
Look online for videos and how to do it on your model
I just started with standard track settings on comp/reb. from the manual

If your sag is right you might wana up the compression on the front 2 clicks to stop it diving

I'll try and find a link to problems/setup on suspension I found useful

When are you next on circuit with it?

Mallory park today to get a bit more of a set up on the bike

Never been before and booked on fast group as was the only one with space left

Very bumpy compared to brands and Almeria so had it spinning up lots and front wheel coming up. Few head shakes getting on the power

Upped the front preload and +2 on compression and everything felt a lot better

Bit of a s**t update as no pics or video

Brands GP in August is officially the next time out on the bike but might try and find another test day to do before then [emoji106]

@JonC219

You still running the daytona mate?

I'm considering (not seriously atm) getting a stocker.
Yep still on it bud!

I've got a couple of videos I need to link up from the races I did. Bit of an eye opener but great fun to be battling in a pack again :)

It's having a few winter upgrades so hoping to be more up the pointy end next year

First time out on it will be end of Feb/March time as need a day to shake everything down before Almeria in April

Are you talking about a stock 675 or stock R?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yep still on it bud!

I've got a couple of videos I need to link up from the races I did. Bit of an eye opener but great fun to be battling in a pack again :smile:

It's having a few winter upgrades so hoping to be more up the pointy end next year

First time out on it will be end of Feb/March time as need a day to shake everything down before Almeria in April

Are you talking about a stock 675 or stock R?

I meant a stocker in general bud, as in super stock bike.

Sounds good though, keep us updated with pics etc!

I meant a stocker in general bud, as in super stock bike.

Sounds good though, keep us updated with pics etc!
Oooooo I see

Sounds like an exciting concept. There's a lot of ex BSB race bikes for sale on Motoforum I've seen

Only thing to be wary of is rebuild intervals (engines are obviously more tuned) and crash damage (frame twists etc)

e1005d6519c490f4e09ec265c0a77b27.jpg
1a4d40b3bea8cec081e3b718ee31aa7a.jpg

This is how mine currently looks. We've spoken to Tony at T3 Racing and getting a few nice upgrades
Change of colour as well. So should stand out and look trick :)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Enjoyed that video, especially the exit of the final turn and the squeeze between two, was it as tight as it looked?

How do you know which grid spot to start from, did I miss the numbering somewhere on circuit, or do you have to pick a static reference point?

And did your MX background help when you went in too hot? Looked like you were going sideways for a while!

Enjoyed that video, especially the exit of the final turn and the squeeze between two, was it as tight as it looked?

How do you know which grid spot to start from, did I miss the numbering somewhere on circuit, or do you have to pick a static reference point?

And did your MX background help when you went in too hot? Looked like you were going sideways for a while!
Alright Tim hope you're well mate (Y) glad you enjoyed the vid always nice to hear other people watching them :)

Yes it was a tad on the tight side! But hey a gap is a gap ;) fully committed to that one

There's number boards on the left of the grid on the grass with a number for each row. You just need to remember of your on the left, middle or right of the row. You get told which number you are and there's a mirror image of the grid in the holding area so you can correspond the 2

I think the motocross has helped with conditions like that, definitely. I don't worry when the bike starts moving around and when it does go the other way and is a really hot day the tyres start to move around when they go off, but it feels quite natural really coming from dirt where you're forever spinning up on the power!
I'd actually hit a false neutral then coming down the box and locked the back end up so had to call on all the MX experience haha

The new lightweight edition 675R

c7ede6130c5231bbafded51487df1551.jpg

95f7116af8d0a5f4969913611f9ab48e.jpg

Engine is getting worked on by T3 Racing at the moment, expecting that back at the end of the month
Suspension will be getting sent off this week to HM Suspension for a check over and refresh

Then all back together!

Managed to build up some of the frame at the weekend as some more parts turned up

Rearsets from BTD Racing/Performance Technical
b6443ce683e1ba1f34a2eec528e75667.jpg

Bolts from Probolt. Titanium!
057b930bb56f383137af1bd74a10724e.jpg

A few other bits to fit including a Factory billet front reservoir holder
60f6c8f2aa8b68f724bc345e98f877f7.jpg

The seat has been upholstered with grippy faux leather and looks a lot better than the standard foam
70d5fd1fbede9f065ebc19ca3f5fd3cf.jpg

Rearsets on
b2509f372e6d891c92c367e3b5c20e75.jpg

Clock bracket and air intake. The headstock came back after being anodised black and I really like how it came out
78bf3a092dc11ea3a7780df9b7dbc3ce.jpg

Seat and subframe on. Subframe has been powder coated a dark anthracite in a grippy texture. Quite like it but think it needs to be brighter...
dff586a95f70a92c3d43d5a0f6615258.jpg

And how it sits for now. Hopefully get a bit more done to it this weekend after my friends stag do. Hangover recovery time...
8103b2a60263e93584ebdec438fd8e56.jpg