ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

on the verge of buying a 197

right, think I am going to take the plunge and go for a 197. I previously posted before that I had taken one for a test drive and wasn't that impressed with it. i took another one out for a test drive and really give it the beans and have reviewed my initial impressions.

anyway, I have been over at my local renault dealer and priced up a 197 with cup packs, xenons, recaros and mp3 stereo. price...£17870. they have an r27 in liquid yellow with only the climate control as an optional extra (no xenons)...price...£18800.

the dealer is trying to work out a deal for me on both cars and should be contacting me tomorrow. to be honest...I think that the price for both cars is well over the top, but am not 100% sure on how to negotiate a good discount. dealer has already told me that if I a deal is to be done on 0% finance, then it is very unlikely that there will be much movement off the price. what do people think. any advice welcome. thanks

those prices sound way too much for in stock cars
only r27 is in the showroom. i specced up the ff197 while i was there to get a comparison price. i think the prices are way to high...especially as everyone knows january and february are poor months for garages in terms of sales. am thinking of trying to negotiate an offer on the r27 around 17500 at 0%

Last edited:
  Mark 1 Clio V6
My local dealer would have done me a deal on an unregistered R27 for around £14,500.
I would have taken it had it been any colour other than black.
I ordered a Cup instead.

Find an online deal (look on eBay or Autotrader) and take it in with you.
If he doesn't at least offer to match that deal, walk away.

I did that and got £2k off list for a Cup before even starting to negotiate.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
those prices sound way too much for in stock cars
only r27 is in the showroom. i specced up the ff197 while i was there to get a comparison price. i think the prices are way to high...especially as everyone knows january and february are poor months for garages in terms of sales. am thinking of trying to negotiate an offer on the r27 around 17500 at 0%

£17.5k?! No no dude, you don't wanna be paying a penny over £15k for a FF, even with some options - bearing in mind R27s were offered at £14k new. Get a loan and but one of the 2nd hand ones on the market for £13.5k-£14k would be my advice.

Dan

RB 197 + Cup Pack
I agree with 197Gaz...Get yourself over to the Renaultsport forum...You'll get a good deal out of one of the dealers on there. I paid 13500 for mine (with cup pack & folding mirrors). You should get one for no more than 15k.

I agree with 197Gaz...Get yourself over to the Renaultsport forum...You'll get a good deal out of one of the dealers on there. I paid 13500 for mine (with cup pack & folding mirrors). You should get one for no more than 15k.
have a wee bit of a problem. i live in northern ireland and only have select few official renault uk dealers. i keep hearing that you can get a 197 anything from 13.5k to 15.5k. how??? where??? if one renault uk dealer can do them for that price, surely they all can...or am I just being naive???

thanks everyone for the replies so far.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Peoples circumstances change mate.Or the blue one has been bought on F+F and they want to take a couple of grand on with them

Lionel Richie
have a wee bit of a problem. i live in northern ireland and only have select few official renault uk dealers. i keep hearing that you can get a 197 anything from 13.5k to 15.5k. how??? where??? if one renault uk dealer can do them for that price, surely they all can...or am I just being naive???

thanks everyone for the replies so far.

can you not fly over here and get one and then take it back?