ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP wheel fitted with multiple problems.

OK so fitted the OMP WRC wheel tonight and now have a few issues. Managed to get all the connectors through the hole Inc the black airbag one, just undone the clip and reattach on the other side. So the issus:-

Airbag light is on even though I connected the bypass kit. Thing is there's 2 airbag connectors, orange and green. I connected the bypass to the green connection. (Should it be the orange connection?)

Engine warning light is now on permanently. (No idea on this one?)

Indicators only self cancel on right turns. (Read this is the steering angle sensor of line? Is this the black plastic disc?)

Traction control light come on and wouldn't go off. (As above?)

Love the wheel though, the mid sized dish changes the hole feel of the car. I found I was reaching for the wheel which imacted my driving position which on track will effect my control over the car. Now though the wheel is in front of me, my elbows bent at the nice angle great for track/rally.

I've not tried any other aftermarket wheel but this for me is perfect.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
You need to buy some resistors for the airbag wires? The ones that come whith the wheels never seem to work. Go to maplins, ask for 3.9 ohm.

Angle sensor is the black disk yes. Ideally when you removed the original wheel you shouldnt of touched the angle sensor at all and left it in straight position. You may have nocked it?

Really easy to move the steering angle sensor. It needs to be showing a yellow disc rather than blue to stop the TC light being on. If you have whatsapp pm your number and i'll send you a video which shows what im on about.