ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP targa 330mm wheel fitted!

182 inside
thought i'd post up some pics of my new OMP targa suede 330mm steering wheel. transforms the feel of the car.

much better for trackdays;)

Attachments

• SSA50172 (Large).JPG
    SSA50172 (Large).JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 271
  • SSA50173 (Large).JPG
    SSA50173 (Large).JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 268
  GW 200T
there so much beta and that looks great, I just fitted a Sabaelt to my 182 and its probly one of the best mods so far

Evo 6, E92 320d
Has it brought the wheel further forward than the origional? As driving position is a big issue for me.

182 inside
not affected my insurance at all, wheel sits a bit closer to me but not much as i can still reach the stalk controls etc. boss was £45. needed 2 x 501 sidelight bulbs to get shot of the airbag light.

172 mk2 Iceberg
my insurance freaked out said i was "removing safety equipment"
Love the look of it,,,,,
maybe next year i will go with green light and do it

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice wheel.

Has it brought the wheel further forward than the origional? As driving position is a big issue for me.

Me too.

I've got a 300mm wheel, boss, and 60mm spacer along with a seat/harness going on tomorrow. I'm interested to see if I can get a position where legs are supported and the wheel and gear-lever are within easy reach as standard is terrible. I'll let you know how it feels.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Not my cuppa to be honest in a Ph2 FF interior. But I bet it's loads nicer to drive with than the boat wheel heh!

Dan

Evo 6, E92 320d
Chers Mark, let me know how you get on. Currently to get a comfortable grip on the wheel and for the position of my long legs i have to have the seat as far upright as it will go, and im still not as close as id like to be upper body:(

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Chers Mark, let me know how you get on. Currently to get a comfortable grip on the wheel and for the position of my long legs i have to have the seat as far upright as it will go, and im still not as close as id like to be upper body:(

That's exactly the same as me.

I've dropped the wheel so low it obscures the instruments just to get the top of the wheel an inch closer.

I'm not sure there's a solution, as it's the pedal/gear lever position that doesn't work.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
looks gash imo.

only kidding ....love it

Graham take a look in the Technology/Photography section...some new pics of Roys car

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Love the pics mate.... You may hay have to show me how you got rid of the Air Bag light... i got mine on still :)

07 UR 197
I fitted the same wheel to my PH1 around Christmas, really love the look and feel of it though it has started to wear quite quickly :dapprove: