ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP Front tow eye pics

'02 Clio Sport 172
Having had an embarassing moment having to call the RAC out the other week only to discover I'd forgotten to put the tow eye back in the car after doing my boot build I decided to look into the 'race' type ones.

I've seen the group by thread on here, but since they've changed to the bigger ring I didn't much fancy handing over £25 it wasn't going to be 'perfect'.

Instead I went for the OMP one, you can pick them up for less than £15 posted, bought mine online Sunday, arrived Tuesday from a shop on eBay (£14).

productdetails.asp
2359-2008.jpg

As I had some Nitromors in the garage I stripped the yellow paint & fitted it. The mounting does need drilling, 13mm HSS bit watching out for the aircon pipes. Then just a case of aligning up with the nuts & washers provided, you even get an OMP sticker in with it for your tool box, or window etc.

The ring is a little bigger than I'd of liked, but at a tenner less than the bespoke ones I'm happy;

photo2-3.jpg

photo-6.jpg

*only washed the car on Tuesday!! :dapprove:

Honda & VW
Personally i don't really understand the whole Tow eye look on pretty much standard cars, looks great as a finishing off addition but thats it.
Personally i would prefer to have spend my £14 on Vpower lol

ibiza cupra
i like it mate but if you where bothered about size that one doesnt look any smaller than the other ones, if anything it looks bigger but thinner. still like it though.

'02 Clio Sport 172
i like it mate but if you where bothered about size that one doesnt look any smaller than the other ones, if anything it looks bigger but thinner. still like it though.

Yea, I'd of preferred a smaller one but this was ten quid cheaper than the other ones & looks the same?!

Liking th black idea though!

Si

RS Clio 172
not bad that. understand they're cheaper. I made mine how they are because they're the correct thread size.

just to clarify... the old ones with the smaller ring were 10mm smaller in diameter than the OMP ones. The new ones will have the same ring size, just slightly thicker.

182 FF
Sorry but i like the look and if payin a tenner means gettin a good fit without cutting into my car then i'm happy cos a tenner is f*ck all compared what it could cost you if you drilling etc is slightly pissed

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
same as mine.
Had to go alternative to OEM on mine as RAC guy bent my hook and ripped the internal threads out of the front of the car, fcuking animal.

Used an OMP one with a couple of locking nuts and heavy duty washers after punching a hole in the back of the standard screw in point.