ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP bases

197 F1 / Disco 3
Does anyone know if the OMP bases give the same seat height as original , I have some on order and now not so sure I made the right choice
Has any one used these , had issues ,

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I use one with sparco side mounts and had no issue, will get sone photos later to show seat height

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Omp subframe, sparco side mounts and plastic renault bits removed from floorpan
20160126_142100.jpg

Seat is only in temporarily until cage is fitted, can go lower on side mounts as well, for me it's a comfortable position neither too high or low (I am a shorty though)
20160126_142112.jpg

197 F1 / Disco 3
Looks great , I have now got OMP bases , was thinking of leaving the Renault plastic bits in to give a bit more height, , my missus will drive it now and again and she is a short Arse ....lol this also means I have sliders on the seats for forward and back for the same reason ..
Seats came today as well so hopefully get them all in this weekend

Clio 172 (CUP)
Don't know if this helps but I'm 6' and with bimarco seats on fairly standard size mounts sat on omp sub-frames, plus a safety devices cage, I found my head knocking the upper part of the cage when wearing a helmet. Was too cramped for me so I had to go lower as a result.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'm only 5'9" so I'm hoping that I don't have this problem, guess time will tell

Clio 172 (CUP)
BTW, the omp subframes end up slightly lopsided (can't remember which way possibly inwards), doesn't bother some people, it did bother me. I ended up not using the Renault plastics and using some aluminium box section to act as a spacer bar that ran along the exhaust tunnel, made it perfectly level. BTW, make sure you use high strength bolts.

(Old pics...)
99b706739ee2edf3b121bb913ad434ad.jpg

925d36807115dbdeace81ea584d0a6de.jpg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Mine is ever so slightly lop sided but until everything is in im not too worried, and yep I've got 12.9 high tensile bolts keeping everything held together

197 F1 / Disco 3
That spacer looks a good 1" thick , are they really that far off level as that would bother me for sure
what size bolts did you use Ads , standard holes are only 8mm ??

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I was going to say no but having looked at it again it's more evident than first appeared
20160126_142138.jpg

This is mine, couldn't get a beeter photo as the mrs car was sat in front and I was too lazy to move it first.

I did indeed use 8mm bolts, I tried 10's first but it's all a little too tight and didn't sit square on the floorpan so I opted for 8's which give a bit of movement to set things up, once tightened they haven't moved at all

197 F1 / Disco 3
eon172 could you let me know how thick the alloy bar you used is ... looks like I will be needing some !!!!!

197 F1 / Disco 3
I was going to say no but having looked at it again it's more evident than first appearedView attachment 145731
This is mine, couldn't get a beeter photo as the mrs car was sat in front and I was too lazy to move it first.

I did indeed use 8mm bolts, I tried 10's first but it's all a little too tight and didn't sit square on the floorpan so I opted for 8's which give a bit of movement to set things up, once tightened they haven't moved at all
thanks for that most helpful

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I think the OMP subframe needs to be raised by 19mm if I remember correctly.

The best way is to just shim it up a little at a time until it's all level.

Jon

I thought that but reading the description it says " directly into your lowered Renault" What difference does it make if the car is lowered...confused!

The OMP looks the lowest but really cant be arsed with fettling with it to get it level, its supposed to be a direct fit..

197 F1 / Disco 3
I thought that but reading the description it says " directly into your lowered Renault" What difference does it make if the car is lowered...confused!

The OMP looks the lowest but really cant be arsed with fettling with it to get it level, its supposed to be a direct fit..
I have OMP and will be fitting them this weekend, I have offered them up and it don't look to bad but it's dark so will let you know more on Saturday, mine will be level what ever it takes !!!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have the OMP subframes and just used the Renault spacers on the tunnel side and mine are level, height is not too bad but I have modified my Bimarco aluminium side mounts and now this is as low as I can get my seat any lower and it would be touching the subframe.
DSC_0004_zpsh0pfhm8m.jpg

197 F1 / Disco 3
I have the OMP subframes and just used the Renault spacers on the tunnel side and mine are level, height is not too bad but I have modified my Bimarco aluminium side mounts and now this is as low as I can get my seat any lower and it would be touching the subframe.
DSC_0004_zpsh0pfhm8m.jpg
Sounds good ,

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Rig-up as f**k but we used washers on the inside of the seat frame to try and level the seats, to me their not perfect but they don't look like they're pointing inwards lol.

197 F1 / Disco 3
Update ...
OMP bases fitted and seats and harnesses in
Drivers side base needed no shims and went in perfectly level , passenger side needed 30mm spacer on tunnel side to get level , really weird but they are fine