ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omex Jumper Settings

Clio Cup Racer
Does anyone know the Crank Sensor setting for a Omex 600?

Jumper 1:

Typical MVR
High Output MVR
Hall Effect

TVR Cerbera
If it a standard renault sensor then its a typical MVR.

However if you are piggybacking the omex and renault ecu so you still have a rev counter, the standard renault item can be a complete pain in the arse. Andy @ GDI has a lot of knowledge about this problem, (as he spent ages setting mine up!)

Clio Cup Racer
Yeah its standard sensor.

182 Clio.

No piggyback. Custom loom. Omex only.

Its currently set on High Output MVR but im having problems so was wondering if it was on the wrong setting.

TVR Cerbera
Yeah its standard sensor.

182 Clio.

No piggyback. Custom loom. Omex only.

Its currently set on High Output MVR but im having problems so was wondering if it was on the wrong setting.

I never changed mine from the standard omex jumpers. disconnect the renault ecu from the crank sensor and try again. the sensor has a weak signal and has trouble feeding both ecu's. ( or just the omex sometimes!) Andy was looking into ford crank sensors, but i don't know how far he got.

set it to typical, it should start then. check you have the 2 wires the right way round.
Give me a shout if your still having problems as i have spent a lot of time getting my sensor 'adjusted' so it's just right. (involves a drill and a lot of patience)

Daz

ITB'd MK1
phone us and have a chat to Andy. We're actually working on replacing the original sensor with a different one because it's so inconsistent. Can be made to work, Andy said he'll talk you through :)

01480 860001

Last edited:
  Clio Cup Racer
Cheers Daz. :)

Im still hoping to take the car down to Andy at GDI in the summer for some additions but wanting to get it running first.