ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMEX 600 ECU connection

172 turbo & BMW 1m
hi

when trying to connect my laptop to the omex 600 ecu I can´t get any connection..error message is "ecu offline" and cannot connect to com port

anybody no the problem
cheers

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
We had this very same problem when trying to get the saxo started. Go to the top left of the screen and drop the ECU menu. Scroll down to "baud rate" and set it to auto W

Worked for us, let me know how you get on

TrackCar & F30 330d
BUMP

I'm just bringing this thread up again as i'm trying to do the same but with no luck.

I have the cable connected to my omex 600 ecu, using MAP3000 OMEX software, connected to my USB port.

When i try pressing on "ECU connect" is keeps saying "failure connecting to ECU"

I've tryed changing the "baud rate" to auto but still no luck.

Can anyone shed some light as the car still isnt fueling and i'm hoping the ECU will tell me something (not sure what though!)

Thanks

Cro

Meg'd r27
What are you using any kind of convertor for the wire chris? Try all the other usb ports.

What worked for me the first time was having the usb plugged into the computer, key turned to ign but not started, checked my alarm and immob was off, then pressed connect on map3000 and then plugged in the serial port to the ecu

Evo 5 RS
I found a lot of the USB adapters don't work. Few of the more expensive ones do. Better off with a PCMCI serial card or better still a laptop with a com port. Baud rate always has to be 38400

TrackCar & F30 330d
Right, i got the ECU to connect to the laptop.

But when i connected it, it then just kept saying questioning ECU or somthing like that!

This isnt as easy as i thought lol

E39 M5 & Corsa track
we often see problems like this when a USB -> seriel cable is used, best try it directly to a seriel port if you can find an older laptop.

TrackCar & F30 330d
we often see problems like this when a USB -> seriel cable is used, best try it directly to a seriel port if you can find an older laptop.

Thanks for your advice, i did get it working in the end, but dont really know how to get the OMEX software to tell me whats wrong with the car. Not even sure it can tell me whats wrong with the car!

Cro

Meg'd r27
It'll not be like using a diag software anyway dude. You'll need to judge by whats happening with the car and the values you are getting for different things, whats up anyway?

TrackCar & F30 330d
My car just wont start. looks like its not getting fuel, been dead for about 3 weeks now :(

I'm gona check all the earths again tomorrow, make sure they are all sanded and decent connections.

340i
FFS... get on it ;)

Trace back all your wiring, loom.. check it all over.

Fuel pump priming, is it connected?

cranking voltage?

Fuel in the line at the rail?

Spark?

E39 M5 & Corsa track
the main sensor you will need is the crank sensor, this will give the ecu the info it needs when to "spark" and "inject" if the crank sensor has failed then this is your problem, when you crank it do you get an rpm read out in the omex software?

have you checked for a spark?

Cro

Meg'd r27
I was still getting a reading on the standard crank sensor from omex but wouldn't start, replaced with one from a ford blacktop engine (same as supplied from omex but cheaper to find yourself) and job done!

If its crank sensor it will still be turning over though.

If its not even turning over 30amp fuse under the bonnet is my guess

TrackCar & F30 330d
FFS... get on it ;)

Trace back all your wiring, loom.. check it all over. - yes all loom seems to be ok no cuts or bits worn.

Fuel pump priming, is it connected? - the fuel pump is priming as it should

cranking voltage? - i dont know where the crank sensor is? can anyone help with a pic?

Fuel in the line at the rail? - yes theres deffently fuel in the rail

Spark?
How do i check for a spark? pull a spark plug out and turn the engine over and see if it sparks?

I'm so f**ked off with it i cant really think :(

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh crank sensor, the TDC sensor?

I gave that a clean as soon as i realised the car wasnt starting.

Can they just go like that. i thought they went over time?

Cro

Meg'd r27
I drove to a rolling road, parked up. Wouldnt start as soon as I went to drive on.......... Grab any tdc from any renault, I used a big fat mo fo from a laguna to get it started for mapping

E39 M5 & Corsa track
if you remove a spark plug, earth it to the head, crank it and see if you get a spark, dont touch it tho, itll give you a shock!

ph1-172
it'l test if you've got spark, tdc sensor tells everything what to do.
when to spark
when to inject
when not to work

ood luck getting it sorted