ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

I had a look at your car (and a quick chat with you about it) looking forward to seeing what results you get with the cams and RS2 :)

5802015604_281efc6a56_b.jpg

5801466209_85a77ac663_b.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Was nice to put a face to a name yesterday mate, car was looking cool, sorry I couldn't chat much, had to do a lightening fast wheel change when I noticed everyone leaving for the parade lap

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks for the rolling shots, always wanted some and those are fantastic! Have been looking forward to seeing them since seeing you hanging out the window yesterday morning! :evil:

Nice to meet you too, Chris! Hope you got them swapped over and sorted! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

I had a look at your car (and a quick chat with you about it) looking forward to seeing what results you get with the cams and RS2 :)

Me too, hoping it wont be too far from the magic 200 :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Oh, also yesterday at FCS I jumped into Tommy's Pole Positions to see what they're like.

A good quality fixed bucket, but comfortable and practical enough for every day use. I also really liked what K-Tec had done with their stripped out cars; for people that didn't see, I was like a large car mat in the rear, really good idea imo!

Safe to say, I loved them! A pair will be winging their way into my cup soon. ;)

5805043675_5e02a2fc70_z.jpg

:evil:

172 Cup

Pole positions ftw! This is turning into one amazing cup tbh, it looks well yesterday ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks. :)

I was originally planning to have the RS2 on for FCS, but this plan was obviously revised when I bought the cams. I'm sure it will be very much worth the extra effort though. :evil:

172/1.2/E30

^get the seats, they are awesome ;) would really suit your beauty!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Looking good, mate... I think I may have said that elsewhere but it's worth repeating here... one lovely, lovely Cup. :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks! I equally like your Trophy! :D

Finally, after a bit of a wait, have matching polarised locking bolts! Thanks to George (Davis) for spotting that these were now available; I'd almost given up on searching and conceded defeat!

5809328760_e16cb401fb_z.jpg

Z4 Coupe

Finally, after a bit of a wait, have matching polarised locking bolts! Thanks to George (Davis) for spotting that these were now available; I'd almost given up on searching and conceded defeat!

These look awesome.. Oli, I want your car! Good job man

Ollie's Silver Cup

These look awesome.. Oli, I want your car! Good job man

Thanks, Andy! As above, I'd almost given up trying to find them and was going to just order a black or silver set.

Was only when I got a message from George on Sunday night with a link to these! :D

Should finish the wheel/brake/hub look off nicely I think. :)

Are you going to CSS?

Evo 5 RS

very nice, did ya get these from the same folk? I've yet to fit my set!

S3 Sportback, Ninja

Lovely car where did you get those wheel nuts from I want some for the m3!!!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

Ditto, had mine today after spotting them on Sunday as well!!! :cool:

Z4 Coupe

Thanks, Andy! As above, I'd almost given up trying to find them and was going to just order a black or silver set.

Was only when I got a message from George on Sunday night with a link to these! :D

Should finish the wheel/brake/hub look off nicely I think. :)

Are you going to CSS?

I'am indeed, are you? Hopefully have a few more bits done to mine by then:dapprove:

Ollie's Silver Cup

They are sexual Oli!

Thanks, Owen! :)

Lovely car where did you get those wheel nuts from I want some for the m3!!!

I got them through a place called sixonetwo. They're made by taper pro though. :)

Ditto, had mine today after spotting them on Sunday as well!!! :cool:

Did you already have the non-locking polarised ones too? I'm not sure how long the locking bolt has been available, can't have been very long. :)

I'am indeed, are you? Hopefully have a few more bits done to mine by then:dapprove:

Yep, I'll be going too. What bits are you thinking of having done? :approve:

Z4 Coupe

Suspension and brakes but can't really justify throwing too much £££ at it as much as I'd love to! Just some kind of upgrade!?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

Hi, yeah I had the polorised wheel bolts a few months ago, but I just noticed the locking ones on Sunday. I'll pop em on tonight and do an update on my project :cool:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Excellent! I held off these until I knew you could match them up!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Also, this photo taken en-route to FCS by Feirny, is without a doubt my favourite photo of the car :approve:

As posted before, I've always wanted a 'rolling shot' and this one is awesome!

5801466209_85a77ac663_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Swapped the locking wheel bolts over this evening, much better! :approve:

Not the best photo, with the wheels being pretty dirty and dusty, but you get the idea.

5815993464_d99e86a1ae_z.jpg

S3 Sportback, Ninja

How much did you pay for the bolts if you don't mind me asking?

Also, this photo taken en-route to FCS by Feirny, is without a doubt my favourite photo of the car :approve:

As posted before, I've always wanted a 'rolling shot' and this one is awesome!

5801466209_85a77ac663_z.jpg

Cheers mate, it's an awesome car and a credit to you.

Ollie's Silver Cup

How much did you pay for the bolts if you don't mind me asking?

For the 9 normal and 4 locking, it's about £70.

Wheel bolts look great :approve:

Thanks mate! and thanks for pointing out that the lockers were now available!

Cheers mate, it's an awesome car and a credit to you.

Thanks again for the photo, love it! :approve:

172 cup, Impreza P1

No worries, gave me a chuckle.

They look the dogs danglies anyway. I need to get some 2118's in anthracite!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Having one of those moment, again, where I cannot decided what's the best thing to do! :eek:

In terms of exhaust choice; it's between a yozza and the BTB system. All I know for sure is that I want the KTR supersport gone. I've now done the loud exhaust thing and, although it does still put a smile on my face at time, the drone when cruising along on a motorway or dual carriageway is really off-putting.

As above, the two options I'm considering are the BTB stealth or the Yozza Race Stealth; both of which are near enough the same price, I believe.

The yozza race stealth will undoubtedly be loud, but from what I've heard of other YS system, they don't have that annoying drone to them! The quality also seems to be very very good. Plus, I believe it's the lightest system available, bonus. I don't think I've seen a yozza race stealth system before tbh; would be interested if anyone has one on their car? :)

Then there's the BTB, which although not OEM noise, I understand to be much quieter than the likes of the KTR Stealth. Again, from comments/reviews/reputation appear to be fantastic quality. I'm not sure that I'd now be happier with a quieter and less obvious system.

I'm assuming either system will bolt up nicely with my de-cat? Stupid question maybe, but a while ago I almost bought an Oreca grp N system, before realising I couldn't pop the cat back in come MOT time.

Also, they'll be the lovely induction noise coming from the RS2 manifold too and I don't really want it to be drowned out by the exhaust note all the while.

Thoughts? Opinions? Experience of either system? :)

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172

where do you get the bolts from TPI ? Been looking on the site and cant find them !

Renaultsport Clio 172

you'd be better off with a REMUS, if you can find one. and it does not drone at all, just the perfect exhaust for the clio, nice noise, perfect volume, not unconfortable, you can relax back and still listen to the radio.

Here is mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDhlf28Cwac

Megane r26

hey ollie! Cracking progress dude really coming on well. Looks goo din rolling shots an saw it in the flesh at fcs, just a quick one though, where did you get those polarised bolts from? Seen the lock nuts ones on ebay but not the normal nuts.

Cheers Dude

Drew.

ClioSport Club Member

your quite close to me, nr coventry, could have a mini meet to hear a btb if you want. i dont want to say its loud because thats the wrong word, its just a lovely noise and not droney at motorway speeds, much like a yozza i imagine.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci