ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old Car vs New Car

BMW 323i Coupe
I decided enough was enough, the French build quality of my Clio in particular was probably done by children, although that's insulting to the kids.

So for the past few weeks I've been resolving problems, getting a new MOT done, and selling it via the auctions. I had great times driving a 1.2 Clio, it was nippier than my last car, the luxuries were good, and it always looked in good condition.

Now for the new car, a BMW 323i Coupe, oof the engine is amazing, it's taken some getting used to, with it being a bigger car in size and engine, but I absolutely love it, no going back to a Clio for me.

Here are a few photos of the Clio before it went, and the BMW today:

BMW 323i Coupe
Good step up.. I'd have waited for one with leather though.

There were a few with leather going at the auctions where I sold my car, but I was guaranteed the same type of service history, and I wouldn't have known how well the previous owners looked after it.

This only cost me £1,300 so I can upgrade to leather at some time in the future. ;)

BMW 323i Coupe
good upgrade RWD fun. How much did you get for the clio if you dont mind me asking

£2,450.

That was at auction mind, so I get about £2,200 after the fee's are paid. I had set a reserve of £2,800 but couldn't get that so I settled for lower.

Turbos.
Not bad, don't think i have ever seen one in grey before!

I'm not a fan of the wheels or tints though. I'd either get the BBS Sport or period M3 wheels.

BMW 323i Coupe
Not bad, don't think i have ever seen one in grey before!

I'm not a fan of the wheels or tints though. I'd either get the BBS Sport or period M3 wheels.

Really? It was the wheels that sold it for me, but saying that the last ones were quite crap.

The wheels on the car now cost the guy £100, and I'm told they go for around £300, £400 so another cheap one.

BMW 323i Coupe
Nice upgrade, very nice bargain too!

Any plans for it?

Thanks.

Nothing much really, I ordered a new badge for the bonnet as that has seen better days, I'm going to get it serviced when my money comes through, and will probably see about getting the back bumper fixed back on the left side as theres a bit of a gap, but thats all I need to do to it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£2,450.

That was at auction mind, so I get about £2,200 after the fee's are paid. I had set a reserve of £2,800 but couldn't get that so I settled for lower.

Aren't you the guy I offered £2500 and said I could pick it up the next day? You said no and you already had an offer of £2600?

Ok....

Nice Bm though. I love E36's. I've had about 7! lol.

Z4
Nice upgrade mate. Anyone know if the 2.5 mani will go on these? Could be a good mod.;)

it does, i think thats the only thing restricting it from the 325 power!

Nice little bargain, bit dated now the e36 but for that price you're laughing.

BMW 323i Coupe
Aren't you the guy I offered £2500 and said I could pick it up the next day? You said no and you already had an offer of £2600?

Ok....

Nice Bm though. I love E36's. I've had about 7! lol.

I don't know, was I?

At first time of me selling the Clio, I was hoping for a figure of around £3,000 to test the water. After a while of not getting interest, and then having a buyer pull out the night before, I had no option but to lower my price.

Set my reserve at £2,750 for the night the car was sold, I wanted rid of it, and so dropping £300 now was a better idea than waiting it out and getting less money as time went on.

320d
Says you ^ !!!

Lol whats that suposed to mean.

If your refaring to the fact I sold my 1.2 very cheap then thats because basically every panel on it had some sort of sigificant defect. I also bought it cheap in the first place.

If it was in good condition I wouldn't of actually lost any money on it atall. 1st cars usually have hard lifes though.

120d M Sport
Lol whats that suposed to mean.

If your refaring to the fact I sold my 1.2 very cheap then thats because basically every panel on it had some sort of sigificant defect. I also bought it cheap in the first place.

If it was in good condition I wouldn't of actually lost any money on it atall. 1st cars usually have hard lifes though.

That was all I was referring to mate, I remember it going for silly money but if thats the case fair enough. Just worrying seeing all these 1.2's going for daft prices, I'll be selling next year

320d
That was all I was referring to mate, I remember it going for silly money but if thats the case fair enough. Just worrying seeing all these 1.2's going for daft prices, I'll be selling next year

I can't spell I know.

If your 1.2 is in good condition and your patient you will get decent money for it. Mine was nakered and I needed to get rid of it to insure the 172 so I didn't.

BMW 323i Coupe
I can't spell I know.

If your 1.2 is in good condition and your patient you will get decent money for it. Mine was nakered and I needed to get rid of it to insure the 172 so I didn't.

I had to weigh the good and bad points really, and I wanted the BMW really badly and was quite disappointed when the first buyer pulled out, so I had to snap the hand off the second buyer.

I think although it seems like I could have got more money for the 1.2, the amount of money the new owner will need to spend on it will justify why it had to go.

Absolutely loving the BMW though, long term I want to get some cream leather seats, but I guess I'll have a look around for now. I also want different wing mirrors, I can't see a lot in my blind spot.

BMW 323i Coupe
Whats the BMW like to drive then? Take it there are no rattles etc. Does it pull well?

It's a lovely drive, the pull is amazing, when it kicks it the sound of the engine is absolutely brilliant.

There's no rattling, the only sound is if I'm on the girlfriends drive and I do a full steering lock, then the wheels grind, but thats because the wheels are 18's and the drive way is up on an angle, other than that the car has been brilliant so far.

I've had to get used to not having my electronics for the petrol, so am working the first few filling ups out manually, managed to get 31 mpg on the first £35 of petrol which I'm pleased with.

320d
Good MPG that. They do sound good the straight 6's. What they like to insure? More or less than a 172?

BMW 323i Coupe
Good MPG that. They do sound good the straight 6's. What they like to insure? More or less than a 172?

It was something like £303 on top of my premium, which is about £800 for the year. And that is fully comprehensive with just myself on the policy, as a 22 year old with 3 points.

Insurance for me on a 172 is about £200 more.