ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OK, What make & model head units are you using......

vaux cavalier
Been a few threads recently asking for advice & opinions on certain head units, just wondering what most people are using.....

Selecting a new Head Unit is, IMO, a very personal thing, you will either love it, or hate it....But what is it that draws you to yours?????

So, the questions are.....

1, What Head Unit are you using???

2, Why did you select it???

3, Best Feature???

Guess I had better start the ball rolling.....

1, Becker Mexico Pro

2, Perfect for me because;
Reliable
looks standard
Simple to use
Excellent sound quality

3, It hasn't got any features....

Picture
Mexico_Pro_7935_big_5.gif

So, what you got????

1) Standard Tuner-List or Update list I can never remember
2) Same styling as the car, good enough sound, controls the on the wheel and display
3) Ipod cable, thats all you need.

Evo 8 MR
I'm using standard one atm but will be getting a Sony very soon I think as they do the adapters for the fingertip controls. I'll update when I get it.

1) Pioneer deh p65bt

2) I didnt know what car i was getting at the time, My dad wanted me to get bluetooth for my phone (which ive never acutally used), It looks quite stylish and changes dial colours to suit.

3) Colour changing.. Although i always set it to blue so kind of useless.

DEH-P65BT.jpg

3)

Did have the pioneer 6800 as it allowed me to adjust pracitically anything i wanted to

Now gonna have an alpine 9871r in my new car as i just want quality audio and a basic unit

matt

clio 16v
jvc pdr451 ( iirc )
got it because it was better then the w**k mutant one that came in the car.
direct ipod controle and steering wheel controles are a bonus for under £100 too

225 powered mk2
Sony mex r1

Got it because i needed one for my car old car and still have it in my new one :D

Best feature... can plug ipod into it and a screen :D

330Ci (Fail)Sport
1. Sony GDX-GT610

2. Really liked my previous Sony HU, this has more features, I fancied a change and cheap, under £100.

3. USB slot on the front, sub + front + rear pre-outs, BBE MP makes the music sound fuller.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i use a JVC AVX1,

chose it because it has a dvd player,

best feature,
you can get 1000+ songs onto a CD,,

also, have a ripspeed cd player, set on video in, at linked to the JVC AVX1,

i chose it because it was cheap,

best feature, fuckall! lol

R.I.P Clio
Bought today mainly because it was the cheapest in stock, but also because of the AUX port on the front for my iPod! and I do love a Kenwood! But im taking it back tommorrow because it has NO preouts therefore rendering my Sub useless :( also it doesnt play MP3 CDs.....

Kenwood KDC-241SA - Halfords £59.99
1kenwkdc241sa.jpg

So upon returning said Kenwood tommorrow im going for the slightly more expensive.....

Sony CDX-GT424U - Halfords £99.90
cdx-gt424u__1.jpg

This one has 1 preout for my Sub! Also has AUX and direct USB ports on the front more music capabilties, and It plays MP3 CDs aswell :D!!

Ill be rockin the Mutant Sub and Amp pack, nothin really fancy but it does the job :-D.

Peace :cheers:

1, What Head Unit are you using???- Alpine x100

2, Why did you select it??? Nice power. 3 outputs. Colour screen. iPod compatible

3, Best Feature??? Change buttons from blue to red. woooooooooooooooo:rasp:

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
WHAT:
Kenwood Kvt-627DVD

kvt627dvd.jpg

WHY:
Best one for the money available to me at the time

BEST FEATURE:
7" Folding Screen obviously ;)

Has the ipod/iphone connection and i can also put films/music video's on my iphone and watch them via the
aux input

Last edited:

AK

M240i
Blaupunkt Sevilla!

Bought it cause it was like £60 quid off amazon!

Best feature is pre-outs for the sub!

Homo spec mazda
1, What Head Unit are you using?
Alpine IDAx-100

2, Why did you select it?
Because i love my ipod and they work so well together.

3, Best Feature?
Ease of use with an ipod;

ALP_idax100.jpg

BMW M135i
1. Alpine 9887R
2. Had alpine stuff before, like it. Gave good quality in build and sound reproduction, this one was a definite improvement over the 9855R it replaced. Only criticism is the lack of swingface and a smaller screen.
3. Cross between bassengine pro and the ipod control.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
1. Kenwood kdc-w5031
2. Bought for my ph1. At the time I liked the fact the CD slot was hidden behind the faceplate.
3. No special features.

[IMGo]http://automuzika.clan.su/Kenwood/5031.jpg[/IMGo]

I don't like after market HUs at all now, but fitted it yesterday. I'd have just kept the oem one in but i NEED mp3 cd compatibility.