ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ok, own up....who is this?

Yes, it was indeed me.

Having looked over all of the comments (believe me there were a lot) from some people who's opinion i probably should listen to and many people's opinions that mean nothing as they haven't a clue, it got me thinking... Should I have gone in before the time that i did?

Its an interesting one, at the time i had no idea that it was a fuel leak and had i smelt fuel then would have come in straight away. I am probably lucky that the rear tyre didn't set on fire but i recall it being wet out so that probably helped a bit.

I actually thought that it may have been a setup issue as i had recently removed some parts and put them back on which can cause similar results if not done right and guess that i hoped it would sort itself out, I now know that i was wrong.

I upload any videos i take to YouTube and that's where this spiraled from, the video is now on many Facebook and internet pages and I am pleased that so many people got to have a laugh, it even made me watch it back a few times and think "what the f*#k was i thinking".

Moments like these are a chance for learning and I definitely have learned from it. A simple mistake made me have a weekend that was not as much fun as it could have been (it wasnt meant to be a drift day) that was more expensive than ever before. Luckily the car came back in one piece, a new tank has been fitted along with some upgrades (thanks @NorthloopCup for my diff) and we shall see how the car does next month when the season starts again.

If you want to follow progress of the season and have Facebook then add my page: https://www.facebook.com/jamesalfordmotorsport

Did you accidently drill the fuel tank then?
Yeah, was fitting fuel lines in a rush as the series made it that you must have a sampler in line for them or you cant race and when adding clamps to hold the fuel line, drilled through.
Wont do that again! Unfortunately i didn't know until too late. We patched the holes for the race and as if by magic some traction was restored.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Haha. Ah well, its probably something I would do to so I have no negative comments for you :D

I bet you were wondering wtf was going on weren't you. Haha.

Haha. Ah well, its probably something I would do to so I have no negative comments for you :smiley:

I bet you were wondering wtf was going on weren't you. Haha.
Haha yeah, easy thing to do. On my race civic the tank sits lower and just didnt think to check so it was completely my mistake.
Some people said that i am crazy for taking any more bends after spinning but i was more frustrated tbh, when a car does something that you cannot control it can be very annoying.

Lol didn't you realise something was wrong?! I was creasing watching that!!:tongueclosed:
I did know something was wrong but just didnt know what.
I am pleased that it made you laugh, it is quite a funny vid to watch and had most of us in the paddock laughing when watching it back with a beer or two after including myself.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yes, it was indeed me.

Having looked over all of the comments (believe me there were a lot) from some people who's opinion i probably should listen to and many people's opinions that mean nothing as they haven't a clue, it got me thinking... Should I have gone in before the time that i did?

Its an interesting one, at the time i had no idea that it was a fuel leak and had i smelt fuel then would have come in straight away. I am probably lucky that the rear tyre didn't set on fire but i recall it being wet out so that probably helped a bit.

I actually thought that it may have been a setup issue as i had recently removed some parts and put them back on which can cause similar results if not done right and guess that i hoped it would sort itself out, I now know that i was wrong.

I upload any videos i take to YouTube and that's where this spiraled from, the video is now on many Facebook and internet pages and I am pleased that so many people got to have a laugh, it even made me watch it back a few times and think "what the f*#k was i thinking".

Moments like these are a chance for learning and I definitely have learned from it. A simple mistake made me have a weekend that was not as much fun as it could have been (it wasnt meant to be a drift day) that was more expensive than ever before. Luckily the car came back in one piece, a new tank has been fitted along with some upgrades (thanks @NorthloopCup for my diff) and we shall see how the car does next month when the season starts again.

If you want to follow progress of the season and have Facebook then add my page: https://www.facebook.com/jamesalfordmotorsport
You're welcome mate! Even more so now you are a internet sensation! Flol